Want To Buy Garmin Aera 796

BGF_Yankee

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
BGF_Yankee
Looking to buy a good, used 796 if anyone has one for sale (with XM antenna). Currently they are going for between $1200 and $1400 right now on eBay, so that range is what I'd be looking for.

Edumacate me... with the exception of receiving XM/Sirius Music, what will this provide that an iPad and an ADS-B receiver won't?

WjwMoj
I'm trying to replace the 795 that I have with a 796 because my aircraft is already wired up to play the XM audio through my dock and into the audio panel. Plus it functions as a really sweet MFD for my GTN650 & GTX345 setup when it's all wired up together.

Attachments

• IMG_3636.JPG
    IMG_3636.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Can't help you with the video, but it IS nice. I should add that I do also use two iPads in the cockpit as Aggie suggested. The switch from 795 to 796 is purely for XM availability, and only because the avionics shop already had it wired up to listen to the music. Otherwise, I had an XM music receiver ready to mount in the aircraft...but this will be a whole lot cleaner.

Attachments

• IMG_3663.JPG
    IMG_3663.JPG
    300.5 KB · Views: 20
...again, because my panel is already hardwired for a 796 to play music through straight to the audio panel (via Music 2 on the GMA340). The last thing I want is one more device floating around the cockpit. I'm selling a 695 (already sold for $850) and a 795 to get a 796. I'll come out ahead just fine, thank you...and this is what I want.

Sweet setup, I get it. I have the XM puck up on the glareshield and piped into my audio panel, it's great. If I could get that integrated, like you said it's one less wire cluster. And the #$%# puck is shiny so it blinds me at times when the sun is positioned just so. :cool:

Back