BellyUpFish

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Backtothesand
Anyone know what this costs monthly?

Can't seem to find any info.

limbs_35916_lg.gif

iPad currently suffers from readability issues in our 6. If we had some top cover, it might not be as bad.

Just washes out just like my iPhone. I need to try it some more.

Is the iPad with WingX accurate enough to replace a Garmin 396?

A reason I'm staying with my I-pad. Already paying for a 430 and 530 subscription. One would think there would be some benefit to purchasing multiple data updates, but WTHDIK?

Best,

Dave

Just washes out just like my iPhone. I need to try it some more.

Is the iPad with WingX accurate enough to replace a Garmin 396?

Yes. Easily. Well, at least ForeFlight is and I suspect WingX would be also. I fly with a 396 and iPad with Bad Elf GPS and they always match up their number.

Yes. Easily. Well, at least ForeFlight is and I suspect WingX would be also. I fly with a 396 and iPad with Bad Elf GPS and they always match up their number.

We are thinking about getting rid of the 396 and getting another iPad just for the plane, if we can make it work out.

They have some new bundle deals:
https://fly.garmin.com/fly-garmin/pilotpak/

still not cheap, but may signal progress.

Thanks! That's a bit complicated; I'll maybe e-mail them. We have a 496; 430; and 530 in the plane now. We only upgrade the 496 about once a year as it's back up only. We also have an I-pad with all current charts and info. With the Garmin units, it's not only nav charts as you know; A/FD, terrain, etc. Still looks pretty steep and I get more on the I-pad. I also like carrying the I-pad around and using it for more than aviation when traveling.

Best,

Dave

Back