Garmin 695/696

DaytonaLynn

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
One who misses Daytona!
Just wondering, if you have one of these units, do you use the E6B and weight and balance features?
Thanks

696 here. Occasionally use the wind calculation, mostly to compare to the winds aloft as shown by XM weather. Have never used the W&B.

Just wondering, if you have one of these units, do you use the E6B and weight and balance features?
Thanks

No. I have never had the need. I love my 696.

Big time! It's a great box in going in the panel when I install the Aspen next month.
I have not used it either.
Do either of you use it as assist for IFR?

Big time! It's a great box in going in the panel when I install the Aspen next month.

Aspen, isn't that the ridiculously overpriced new hot stuff for you poor guys that can't use better stuff without all the FAA hoopla? :dunno:
Gee, we get 10" screen AND full engine monitoring for less.... Oh well.
Oh oh, here come the nasty letters telling me what to do that I physically can't hope to.....:rofl:

Last edited:
I'll bet you whatever you want that mine is cheaper than yours, assuming you have any and aren't just running your yap again.

Aspen, isn't that the ridiculously overpriced new hot stuff for you poor guys that can't use better stuff without all the FAA hoopla? :dunno:
Gee, we get 10" screen AND full engine monitoring for less.... Oh well.
Oh oh, here come the nasty letters telling me what to do that I physically can't hope to.....:rofl:

I'll bet you whatever you want that mine is cheaper than yours, assuming you have any and aren't just running your yap again.

Do some research Wayno, for the price of an Aspen single unit we get twice the instrumentation. Now who is just running their yap? :yes:

Mine is a gift from a client. Total installed cost is zero. Now who?

Do some research Wayno, for the price of an Aspen single unit we get twice the instrumentation. Now who is just running their yap? :yes:

Sounds like the typical liberal approach to anything; when you can't make it with a BS argument, change the parameters.....:nono:

Sounds more like the typical homebuilder who finds his "but mine is cheaper" rant isn't always be true and then finds his wind bag empty.

Sounds like the typical liberal approach to anything; when you can't make it with a BS argument, change the parameters.....:nono:

"but mine is cheaper" rant isn't always be true and then finds his wind bag empty.

Will match you dollar for dollar on any part you didn't sucker someone into buying for you - ANY PART on your tired old plane.
Hope you declared that "gift" now that your heroes in DC are paying attention to all the internet groups...:nonod:

Maybe someday you'll be able to get your sock-puppet mind around the concept that people fly what they like, don't have to worry about the money and can buy whatever they want if they change their mind. Last time I checked the flight line at OSH, quite a few of them share that view.

Thanks for offer of the tax help, I don't really have any experience in that field--if you don't count the past 51 years.

Will match you dollar for dollar on any part you didn't sucker someone into buying for you - ANY PART on your tired old plane.
Hope you declared that "gift" now that your heroes in DC are paying attention to all the internet groups...:nonod:

Maybe someday you'll be able to get your sock-puppet mind around the concept that people fly what they like, don't have to worry about the money and can buy whatever they want if they change their mind. Last time I checked the flight line at OSH, quite a few of them share that view.

Thanks for offer of the tax help, I don't really have any experience in that field--if you don't count the past 51 years.

Wow, never met anyone that truely knew it all - I'm impressed!

And you have the distinction of being one of the few whose avatar appears to be smarter than anything you've posted so far. Have a nice day.

Wow, never met anyone that truely knew it all - I'm impressed!

Today, 07:37 PM Posted in reply to Goofy's post "Re: Garmin 695/696"

This message is hidden because wabower is on your ignore list.

When you have to stoop to name calling over and over - you just beg to be ignored. Your admirer too.....:yesnod:

Last edited:
Back