Garmin 496 for sale!

R

razorseal

I know I have barely any posts here, but I'm a long time poster over at AOPA forums. I'm posting this here because you guys have a FS section here. :) I'm sure few AOPA guys can chime in on me

my profile there: http://forums.aopa.org/member.php?u=7786

anyways, I used the garmin during my student pilot training, and about 10-15 hours of cross country time. I need to money to get myself a car to get to the flight school and back :( I hate to see this GPS go, but I need to get to school to finish up my IFR training :(

it is like brand new, and comes with everything including the box. I'd like 2,000 as new ones are 2400 new right now.

I can post pics, but it looks just like what a normal 496 looks like, 0 scratches on her.

Razor, I can't go for the Garmin but...

I would like to welcome you to the bright side of the force!

Ken

*sniff* Well I made a point not buy a GPS until I had the PPL in my pocket. You SURE you know how find your way around without it?

(This from the guy who looked at a GPS failure as flying partial panel.)

Welcome! :D

Two grand for a like new 496 is a good deal. I have a 396 or I'd grab it. Once you fly with XM it's hard to imagine flying without it.

Once you fly with XM it's hard to imagine flying without it.
That is what I too have found over the course of the last few months flying with the 496. The added info, not just NEXRAD images, but Metars, TAFs, winds aloft, etc., has been great.

I have also found that I like to take the 496 with me at the destination, not only for automobile navigating, but also to have a ton of aviation weather data at my fingertips in a hotel room (I recently stayed at a 120 year old hotel with no such thing as wirelss internet in the rooms). The 496 stayed on all the time and gave me a constant stream of planning information.

Good luck in the sale--it is a great unit.

Two grand for a like new 496 is a good deal. I have a 396 or I'd grab it. Once you fly with XM it's hard to imagine flying without it.

Paul, are you ready to upgrade? I am. Tho I like the 196 I bought from you,
Would you consider selling the 396 to me , buy the 496 from razorseal?

Paul, are you ready to upgrade? I am. Tho I like the 196 I bought from you,
Would you consider selling the 396 to me , buy the 496 from razorseal?

The 396 gives me all the info I need. After having XM I would not want to fly IMC without it.

I would suspect the 496 is long gone at $2K.

Last edited:
Yep... Just waiting for my tracking number... :) The joys of living in the country.

Back