Garmin 430 simulator

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
anybody ever use the Garmin 430 simulator from Garmin? Want to see if it’s worth dusting off an older laptop to get it running. We’ve made the jump from pc to Mac at home and my most recent pc was 64 bit. Our club plane has a 430 in it and it is amazing what it can do but I can easily see how f’ing with it could be a huge distraction at first. I am reviewing the king course for the 430 but I think practicing with it more would be helpful. I try to learn without fuel burn when I can.

I do have a flight sim Microsoft steam with saitek yoke/radio combo. But haven’t found the right plane combo to come close to ours (C182 w/430).

I used it, it's not bad, but would crash my computer after a while. The problem is that half the battle is learning to spin those damn knobs and the pc simulators don't give you that muscle memory.

I use it. I have a MBP and have a virtual machine installed with Windows on it that I run it from. If you don't have the manuals, I attached the manual and quick reference manual for you.

Attachments

• Garmin 430W Guide and Reference.pdf
    6.6 MB · Views: 33
  • Garmin 430W Quick Reference.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 30
anybody ever use the Garmin 430 simulator from Garmin? Want to see if it’s worth dusting off an older laptop to get it running. We’ve made the jump from pc to Mac at home and my most recent pc was 64 bit. Our club plane has a 430 in it and it is amazing what it can do but I can easily see how f’ing with it could be a huge distraction at first. I am reviewing the king course for the 430 but I think practicing with it more would be helpful. I try to learn without fuel burn when I can.

I do have a flight sim Microsoft steam with saitek yoke/radio combo. But haven’t found the right plane combo to come close to ours (C182 w/430).

You don't need an old computer. The WAAS version runs on most Windows PCs including 10. I think the non-WAAS version ran only on XP, but not sure that version is still available.

You don't need an old computer. The WAAS version runs on most Windows PCs including 10. I think the non-WAAS version ran only on XP, but not sure that version is still available.
Thanks. My flight sim runs on that I think. I will download this week and give it a try.

It is good practice to learn the correct sequence of button push / knob twist. It is easy to hit the wrong button / twist wrong knob and then get unintended display and need to start over.

Get the G600 simulator. It's much newer and has the 430 built in.

I have used it and found it to be informative.

Back