garmin 430 repair

wrfergie

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
bullhauler
does anyone know anyone that repairs 430 garmins other than Garmin? Just the modulation portion of radio is at fault and no navigation issues. Garmin, as I understand them is they will repair it but not without paying for a $3000 update to WAAS which I really don't need.

does anyone know anyone that repairs 430 garmins other than Garmin? Just the modulation portion of radio is at fault and no navigation issues. Garmin, as I understand them is they will repair it but not without paying for a $3000 update to WAAS which I really don't need.

Haven't heard about the mandatory upgrade for $3000. I was under the impression they do a flat fee $900 repair on the 430. Might want to give them a call.

I think the big money applies when it is a 28v only model.

Haven't heard about the mandatory upgrade for $3000. I was under the impression they do a flat fee $900 repair on the 430. Might want to give them a call.
Was told that by a local avionics shop so maybe I will check directly with Garmin. Something about they will not service unit unless it WAAS. Would gladly do a $900 flat fee if they will fix. Thanks

I had a circuit board issue and went ahead and did the waas upgrade. I figured it was cheaper than paying for repair and upgrading later.

Back