Garmin 430 flight plan question

Flyingfanatic

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Flying Fanatic
I planned a 3 leg flight today to practice approaches. I put the 3 legs into the flight plan of the 430. After I activated and flew the first approach, I went back to the flight plan to go direct to the next airport on the missed, and it was gone. My original flight plan wasn’t there. I just went direct to for the next airport.

Why would it delete the flight plan?

What is the work around? How do I navigate from airport to airport with a flight plan?

I did NOT include the approaches in the original flight plan as I wasn’t sure what approaches would be in use.

I’ve searched several places and can’t find the answer.

If you enter multiple airports into your flight plan and then add and activate an approach, the flight plan will be broken into two sections, the enroute section that will contain the flight plan route with all the airports and the approach section which will just contain the approach procedure you have loaded and activated. The airports are still there, you just have to scroll back thru the flight plan to the enroute section.

If you enter multiple airports into your flight plan and then add and activate an approach, the flight plan will be broken into two sections, the enroute section that will contain the flight plan route with all the airports and the approach section which will just contain the approach procedure you have loaded and activated. The airports are still there, you just have to scroll back thru the flight plan to the enroute section.

Thank you. I tried that, but couldn’t find them.

I’ll play with the sim and try it again.

I suspect you are expecting to see enroute waypoints after the first airport's approach. It doesn't work that way. The approach is placed at the end of the flight plan regardless of which airport it belongs to. So, if your enroute is A-> B-> C, and you load the approach for B, it will still appear after C in the flight plan.

I suspect you are expecting to see enroute waypoints after the first airport's approach. It doesn't work that way. The approach is placed at the end of the flight plan regardless of which airport it belongs to. So, if your enroute is A-> B-> C, and you load the approach for B, it will still appear after C in the flight plan.

Thank you for your input. I tried it again and just figured that out.

Back