Garmin 400 not receiving input data on 429 channel #1

madriverman

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
madriverman
Gents (and lady)...

I just swapped out a 400W for a 400. The 400W was my buddy's and we had it in our 182 that we were partnered on. He took the W and put it in his Baron. I got a 400 from an avionics shop and swapped it out...so put the 400 in the 400w tray.

I am getting the following message: not receiving input data on 429 channel #1

Anyone know what's up?

Folks I spoke to said there should be no problem putting the 400 in the 400w tray...perhaps they were wrong?

Thanks!

Thanks! That's very helpful...I'll put the 400W back and find the setup menu...I looked for it on the 400 (for a minute) and didn't seem to find one so will check a pdf of the manual on how to find SETUP.

Thanks again!

Any idea what page in the SETUP I should be looking at?

The Setup 1 Page provides access (via menu options) to airspace alarms, CDI scale adjustment, an arrival alarm, units of measure settings, position formats, map datums, and settings for local or UTC time display.

The Setup 2 Page provides access (via menu options) to display adjustments, parameters which define the nearest airport search, and configuration of displayed data fields.

Thanks!

There is a setup menu used by a tech to configure the unit. It isn't available to us mere mortal users. A couple buttons have to be held on startup to access the menu. I don't know what the buttons are. I was told once and also told that it would be easy to mess things up so I just don't go there. Anyway, ask your buddies in the avionics shop. They obviously believe you can handle it.

...don't you also have to change the antenna? I would've thought it would've worked backwards, but someone told me last week that that wasn't the case.

FYI...from the avionics dudes...

All I need to do is hold the enter key while powering up...that will get me into maint mode...then scroll to the ARINC 429 page and turn off the 429 channel #1...

I'll post how it goes.

Thanks for your notes...

I am fairy certain that is the channel that is expecting to receive traffic information....

Back