Garmin 396 Mounting

SkySpy

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Jerry
I am thinking of using a suction mount for my 396 instead of the yoke mount. Maybe mount on the left window ( Piper Archer).
Has anyone done this and which suction mount is better; Ram or G-Force??

I just bought a ram suction cup mount...arrived yesterday. My 396 is getting kicked off the yoke to make way for the iPod w/ foreflight that I just bought. Bought an iPod yoke mount that arrived yesterday also.

Can't give you a pirep yet because I haven't installed them but both look like they will work great.

RAM yokes are pretty good IF you have a flat spot on the glass.

Also -- remove after each flight and re-apply before each flight or the suction will give out as you're breaking out at mins and the whole shebang drops on your lap.

:eek:

(Yeah -- was a good test of concentration)

I just bought a ram suction cup mount...arrived yesterday. My 396 is getting kicked off the yoke to make way for the iPod w/ foreflight that I just bought. Bought an iPod yoke mount that arrived yesterday also.

Can't give you a pirep yet because I haven't installed them but both look like they will work great.

It would be great to hear how you like the Ram and where you mount it... Thanks !

I have mounted them in Arrows, Archers and Warriors while flying with a friend I was radios and nav he was pic so I sat right seat. I mounted it on the front windscreen toward toward the far right side it worked well as long as i was not looking UP at the screen ( once while in an Arrow the seat was broken and at the lowest position and I had to look up ( felt like a little kidstretching to see over the glare shield ) If you put it on the side window it will be too close to you IMHO.

Back