Garmin 345 ADS-B cost?

N747JB

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John
I emailed a local avionics shop about installing ADS-B in my 182, it has a 530w already and a King 76a transponder. They quoted $6700.00 plus tax, I thought that sounded high, has anyone else had one installed?
I also asked about upgrading the audio panel, $5500.00 holy crap, I think the old one is just fine now!! :eek:

I had a 345 installed this summer and your quote was spot on for what I paid. Integrated with a GTN 650. I have the XM weather on my handheld Garmin, but the ability to have metars alive on Foreflight is handy. The traffic was my main objective for pulling the trigger now. I've already had a close call out of "traffic at 11 o'clock 2 miles" advising opposite direction. IMHO Garmin has hit a home run with the 345. Only complaint is you are unable to move flight plans from FF to the GTN via connext1.

I had a 345 installed this summer and your quote was spot on for what I paid. Integrated with a GTN 650. I have the XM weather on my handheld Garmin, but the ability to have metars alive on Foreflight is handy. The traffic was my main objective for pulling the trigger now. I've already had a close call out of "traffic at 11 o'clock 2 miles" advising opposite direction. IMHO Garmin has hit a home run with the 345. Only complaint is you are unable to move flight plans from FF to the GTN via connext1.
Thanks, I was thinking closer to $6k, but if that's pretty close, I'll just go with them.

Seems about right for a 345. $5500 for an audio panel? Hell, the top of the top of the line PSE 450a retails at $2500 plus install. Figure a day labor so $3300 at a good job.

WTF, over

I emailed a local avionics shop about installing ADS-B in my 182, it has a 530w already and a King 76a transponder. They quoted $6700.00 plus tax, I thought that sounded high, has anyone else had one installed?
I also asked about upgrading the audio panel, $5500.00 holy crap, I think the old one is just fine now!! :eek:

Did you have to get an antenna installed? If not it sounds a little high to me.

Seems about right for a 345. $5500 for an audio panel? Hell, the top of the top of the line PSE 450a retails at $2500 plus install. Figure a day labor so $3300 at a good job.

WTF, over
That's what I was thinking, I've already got the 4 jacks installed, but they are mono and the new ones are stereo so they have to rewire them. They quoted a GMA 350, I'm going to call the shop owner tomorrow and see what my options are.

No way I'd do a GMA 350. The 450A blows it out of the water. I got mine for just over dealer cost from Avionics Source out of Washington.

No way I'd do a GMA 350. The 450A blows it out of the water. I got mine for just over dealer cost from Avionics Source out of Washington.
I haven't really looked at audio panels, I was just thinking "while were at it" :eek: I have always had PMA audio panels with the exception of the 425 and it has a Garmin that is controlled by the 750/650. The one we have is old as dirt and I wouldn't mind upgrading, but for some reason I was thinking $3-3500 bucks would get one installed. :rolleyes:

Our arrow has a 430 (non-waas) and a gtx 327. We started looking at our options.
Shop quoted us both assuming we upgrade our 430 to waas, and assuming we didn't.
Assuming we didn't:
Gtx 345: $5434 (Gtx 345 withoutnj gps: $4683)
Encoder: 262
Misc. 195
Labor: 3000

So all in just shy of $9,000 for us since we don't want to update the 430 to waas, if we did we'd also get a flight stream 210 and total cost would be near 13,000

We were just curious on prices, so that's why we only looked at the 345.

Our arrow has a 430 (non-waas) and a gtx 327. We started looking at our options.
Shop quoted us both assuming we upgrade our 430 to waas, and assuming we didn't.
Assuming we didn't:
Gtx 345: $5434 (Gtx 345 withoutnj gps: $4683)
Encoder: 262
Misc. 195
Labor: 3000

So all in just shy of $9,000 for us since we don't want to update the 430 to waas, if we did we'd also get a flight stream 210 and total cost would be near 13,000

We were just curious on prices, so that's why we only looked at the 345.
Wouldn't it have been cheaper to do the WAAS and a different in/out xponder.

Wouldn't it have been cheaper to do the WAAS and a different in/out xponder.
There's definitely cheaper/better ways to do it. This was just the first look at things.
Plus, in all honesty, we probably won't make a final decision until next year (2017) sometime. So I'm sure more boxes will come to the market, and opinions of the other partners will change.

There's definitely cheaper/better ways to do it. This was just the first look at things.
Plus, in all honesty, we probably won't make a final decision until next year (2017) sometime. So I'm sure more boxes will come to the market, and opinions of the other partners will change.
Yar. I'm thinking WAAS and Navworx myself.

My son dropped it off Sunday night, I ended up adding the audio panel and removing the ADF, installing an Air-Gizmo in the ADF hole for the 496, which will play music and be a back up GPS. It's only money! :rolleyes:

My GTX345 was about $6k installed.

My son dropped it off Sunday night, I ended up adding the audio panel and removing the ADF, installing an Air-Gizmo in the ADF hole for the 496, which will play music and be a back up GPS. It's only money! :rolleyes:

I like the 496 much better than the Aera series. Had both in Air Gizmo mounts. Although the resolution is much less on the 496, the screen is way better. I'm sure you will be happy.

I like the 496 much better than the Aera series. Had both in Air Gizmo mounts. Although the resolution is much less on the 496, the screen is way better. I'm sure you will be happy.
I've never used the 496 for navigation, I only use it for weather and music. I do like having a back up GPS in the panel, just in case everything else decides to go TU at the same time. :D

Back