Garmin 296 with accessories

pigpenracing

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
pigpen
I have a nice garmin 296. Comes with yoke mount, remote antenna, 12v power cord, carry case. $795.00

A brand new Garmin Aera 500 can be purchased most anywhere for $699.00. The Garmin 296 is a great little handheld, but it is an old series from Garmin. I think that most, who given a choice, for $699.00, would opt for the more up to date product, that also includes all the necessary accessories for aviation.

http://www.banyanpilotshop.net/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=garmin_aera_500

John

Last edited:
Yep. Lots of people do not like the touch screen. I will sell it on eBay. They are bringing $750 every day. Look what your pilot shop gives for trade in on the 296. Close to my price.... I know what this stuff is worth. I sell 20 gps's a month along with that many used David Clark headsets. I will not post any here again. Will stick with eBay and Barnstormers. I had 4 296's when I put this add up. Down to 1 now. They all went for more than 699.

It's true. Ebay is a weird place right now. The 296 model goes for the same, if not more, than the 396 model. And I agree about the touchscreens; our aera 560 spends more time in the car in auto mode than the cockpit. We love our 496 model.
Alisha

I am no expert on either one. I own an Aera 510, and it works great for me. A friend of mine has and uses a 296 and had offered to sell it to me several times for $500.00 before I bought my 510.

He does still use his 296 and seems to like it. It is probably correct to suggest I don't know squat about it. My thinking was that the price asked seemed a little high for such an old unit, but it appears I am wrong.

John

Back