Garmin 175 AHRS display device?

Chip Sylverne

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Quit with the negative waves, man.
I'm installing a 175. It has BT AHRS built in, which is a great idea. I'm considering mounting a BT device on the glare shield which will be dedicated solely to displaying that data as an AI backup. I have a Navworx on board that provides weather and traffic, and an MFD, and an Android EFB , so I have no need for yet another "full featured" package. All I want is something like a small tablet or phone that can connect by to the 175 and reliably show only the ahrs from the 175, without yet another $150 annual subscription fee.

Is there such an animal? Am I overlooking something obvious?

Thanks.

Until someone cracks the Garmin Bluetooth protocol, you'll either need and ipad or android running Garmin Pilot. Or a Aera or other portable from Garmin.

They don’t work with ForeFlight?

175 will work with ForeFlight.

My bad..yes Garmin devices also work with Fore Flight, sorry about that.

My bad..yes Garmin devices also work with Fore Flight, sorry about that.
It's the other way around. Garmin Pilot doesn't work with non-Garmin portable ADSB-in solutions. It always confuses me also.

I wonder how long until Garmin closes off bluetooth support for foreflight.

I have not tested it, but Avare's External IO App has a Bluetooth option.

If you use it with the Avare PFD screen, you could have a free solution.

I have not tested it, but Avare's External IO App has a Bluetooth option.

If you use it with the Avare PFD screen, you could have a free solution.

I use AVARE I/O, but the app says the ahrs function only works with iLevel devices. I'll try it, but not holding out much hope it'll hop Garmin's wall. Some of the users on AVARE's support page have tried it with the 345. No joy.

I use AVARE I/O, but the app says the ahrs function only works with iLevel devices. I'll try it, but not holding out much hope it'll hop Garmin's wall. Some of the users on AVARE's support page have tried it with the 345. No joy.
I didn't realize anyone other than Gamin was using Bluetooth.

I'm installing a 175. It has BT AHRS built in, which is a great idea. I'm considering mounting a BT device on the glare shield which will be dedicated solely to displaying that data as an AI backup. I have a Navworx on board that provides weather and traffic, and an MFD, and an Android EFB , so I have no need for yet another "full featured" package. All I want is something like a small tablet or phone that can connect by to the 175 and reliably show only the ahrs from the 175, without yet another $150 annual subscription fee.

Is there such an animal? Am I overlooking something obvious?

Thanks.
Interesting....can I assume the 355 also has the BT AHRS? I can't find it in the specs on Garmin's website.

Interesting....can I assume the 355 also has the BT AHRS? I can't find it in the specs on Garmin's website.
it does.

175, 355, and 375 are pretty much the same except 355 adds COM and 375 adds transponder.

Last edited:
Back