GAMI 100UL update by AVweb

How expensive will 100LL be when there is a fire at the TEL plant? The company that sells the TEL isn't a monopoly? There is no reason the G100UL formula can't be licensed to multiple suppliers, and it almost certainly will be.
I would bet that if the TEL plant burned down, G100UL would be available pretty darn quick.

Just wait until it’s introduced and guys start getting ramp checked or logs investigated even just for air show participation.

I’m already banging my head against the wall on ADS-B issues in the community. We get different directives on how to manage non compliance and technical issues.

So once this 8 head monster appears with different STCs for the Engine and Airframe or SB from manufactures it’s going to be horrible.

Just wait until it’s introduced and guys start getting ramp checked or logs investigated even just for air show participation.

What are you talking about? I've been ramp checked, and they aren't checking STC, or any maintenance paperwork beyond W&B and that the POH is complete with relevant supplements. I'm not sure if the difference in densities between G100UL and 100LL (about 5%) are really even enough to warrant a POH supplement or W&B notation.

So once this 8 head monster appears with different STCs for the Engine and Airframe or SB from manufactures it’s going to be horrible.
It seems like all piston engines and airframes are approved for the G100UL STC once it gets signed off by the FAA in DC (see video below). It seems like a single STC is all that will be needed. What exactly are you referring to, @ARFlyer?

I’m already banging my head against the wall on ADS-B issues in the community. We get different directives on how to manage non compliance and technical issues.

Fear mongering. Did any of that happen with Mogas? 94ul? It's been tested extensively with cirrus and it's composite airframe. Erau used it and was an independent review. Seriously, how many times have you or anyone here been ramp checked?

As far as adsb, personally I think they need to make it mandatory for more planes. Take some of the money they're going to spend on EAGLE and give a rebate for equipment purchase.

Last edited:
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Fear mongering. Adsb out should be expanded to any aircraft with an electrical system

As far as adsb, personally I think they need to make it mandatory for more planes. Take some of the money they're going to spend on EAGLE and give a rebate for equipment purchase.

oh good grief!!!!

adsb could have been so useful, but was trashed by committee

make it mandatory for everyone? oh yeah baby, because all flying is the same

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

oh good grief!!!!

adsb could have been so useful, but was trashed by committee

make it mandatory for everyone? oh yeah baby, because all flying is the same

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I said mandatory for more. Not for all.

Back