GAD/Mild Depression

PecanSandies

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
mikewilliams
I was diagnosed with GAD and Mild depression, both recurrent. Prescribed meds and used them only once. I was just going through a very tough short period in my life after college. Currently, symptom free and have been for a while. I plan to acquire my first class medical.

Question is: Will a combination of GAD/Mild Depression disqualify me or make it very tough for a waiver? Should I return to the doctor (family med) who diagnosed me to get an all clear?

I'm just out of college so looking for tips to show this was just an isolated period during my youth and get ahead of any possible disqualification.

Thank you for any help!

@bbchien

No, I was diagnosed just after I graduated. I was reiterating that since i'm just out of college the diagnosis occurred recently, and was looking for tips to show that it was just a short time period although recent.

If I have it right we are communicating via email and this needs to not be public......but if I'm wrong, turn on "sig lines" in your preferences and send me a message via the website in my sig line. It is CRITICAL that the period be short, and a one off.....

Back