GA shut down in DC area ... again...

They should suspend driving in DC for those two days as well, see how well that goes over.

Boy, they REALLY hate airplanes. You can't even fly a model airplane for crissakes!!:mad3:

You think that I can sue DOD for loss of work because of all of these closures? (i'm based at KGAI):mad3:

You think that I can sue DOD for loss of work because of all of these closures? (i'm based at KGAI):mad3:

You should try it! Since you won't be working those days anyway, might as well...

Boy, they REALLY hate airplanes. You can't even fly a model airplane for crissakes!!:mad3:

So let me ask this, I've always wondered about it. No model airplanes or model rockets. OK. Say I'm not a pilot or into aviation in any way. I'm just a dad who takes his kids out to launch some model rockets now and again. I would know about this restriction how? I don't clear the launches with anyone, I just go to the school / park / field / whatever, set them up and let them fly.

So let me ask this, I've always wondered about it. No model airplanes or model rockets. OK. Say I'm not a pilot or into aviation in any way. I'm just a dad who takes his kids out to launch some model rockets now and again. I would know about this restriction how? I don't clear the launches with anyone, I just go to the school / park / field / whatever, set them up and let them fly.

Obviously, you studied the title 14 CFR beforehand, right? Doesn't everybody?

Kites - you forgot kites - those are covered as well.

note: IIRC if you fly rockes that are under one pound and G and under engines you are pretty much good to go unless you are near an airport or for special cases as in this thread.

it is obvious that this conference is far too dangerous to have in the US as it will attract terrorists. Best to move it to Guantanamo Bay.

If I understand you can fly in the SFRA after 2200 local and before 0800 :skeptical:.

Presumably, your kid will soon learn what life was like under the Communists, as he watches you thrown to the ground at gunpoint with a hobnailed boot on your neck.:(

"balloon operations" are prohibited.

2188744866_519cd0f812_o.jpg

From the government's aviation security dictionary:

Model Airplane = Cruise Missile

Model Rocket = Surface-to-Surface Missile

From the government's aviation security dictionary:

Model Airplane = Cruise Missile

Model Rocket = Surface-to-Surface Missile

"....Call the troops out in a hurry.
This is what we've waited for.
This is it boys, this is war....."

Popcorn, beach chairs, and a few coolers of beverages -- I'll park my duff at RMN and watch the free airshow.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Well, we know this kid is a suspect.

The+Red+Balloon.jpg

A ballon that follows him?

:skeptical:

Sounds like UAV ops....

That dates back a little bit. Saw that one in a film class in college, and that was a LOOOONG time ago.

Time to elect some people with nerves. The current crop certainly doesn't have any.

Back