GA not the only ones to scare people

poadeleted3

Pattern Altitude
"..., one of the residents interviewed for the story, stated that the C-17 was "doing dips and drops" and that the pilot "had no business doing what he was doing." ..."

Well see I can understand why they'd be scared. I mean dips and drops would frighten anybody. :hairraise:

Sandra Ahart, one of the residents interviewed for the story, stated that the C-17 was "doing dips and drops" and that the pilot "had no business doing what he was doing." She said that the appearance of the C-17 left her shaken because she feared a Sept. 11th-type attack.

Can we remove these people from the gene pool? Please?

Isn't it too bad that 'normal' operations at the airport can not happen without someone claiming to have the crap scared out of them! I've watched C17s do touch and goes at Orange Ma, Chicopee (where they are stationed), and had a C130 follow me on a tour of the Outer Banks NC airfields. Aviating is rather enjoyable to me and not a cause to hide. Yes, I love airshows!
Was all of that 'real' fear or just grandstanding? (Their 15 minutes of fame.)

N2212R said:

Idiot's abound... and, it's worse than that too.... not only do they reproduce, some of them actually vote! Lending credence to Steve's post in the Bader field thread over in Flight Following.....

Steve said:
The electorate always gets the government it deserves.

I read the story and it's simply a human interest story. I just have to wonder...CCR is just across the bay from Travis AFB, the home of C-5s and DC-10s (I forget the mil designation). Heck, maintain rwy centerline on departure out of CCR for 6 nm and you'll be in Travis airspace. Often, a normal approach into Travis brings 'em in over CCR and not at 8,000 either.

I wonder if the newspaper just kept calling folks until they got the quote they wanted and I know the CCR manager receives a whole lot more calls than what he reported. Closing Buchanan is politically hot right now, I wonder...

funny, the c17 was there for 15mins and noise complaints came in for 4hrs? my, they were po'd. i won't sit on hold anymore than about 3mins! tc

Joe Williams said:
Hey... it's not just our C150s that can scare the boogers out of America the "brave." Seems some folks in San Francisco are "shaken" after seeng a C-17 do practice approaches to a civilian airport. Boy, if puny C-17 can do that, I hope I don't cause heart attacks when I'm out and about in a C-172 tomorrow!!

http://www.generalaviationnews.com/editorial/articledetail.lasso?-token.key=11546&-token.src=index&-nothing

I sure hope people in my neighborhood aren't getting themselves into a panic. For the past two days the Blue Angels have been in this area practicing for the airshow at Selfridge ANGB just four miles from my home. I saw them in diamond formation at a pretty low altitude over my house. I'm looking forward to seeing more of them today and tomorrow while they are performing for the crowd at the airshow. Unfortunately I won't be going to the airshow due to my recently broken toe but I hoping to see some of the flying from my backyard.

Gotta go see if I have film for my camera. Sure wish I had a good digital camera.

Jeanie

Maverick said:
snip
Gotta go see if I have film for my camera. Sure wish I had a good digital camera.

Jeanie

We think a digital camera is worth every penny we spend on it. We save a fortune in film, more than enough to pay for the camera, and get to snap to our heart's content without worrying about cost. We've gotten a lot of pics we would have missed otherwise. We still print up some of the better ones for photo albums. Our "good" camera is a Kodak, no fancy adjustable lenses, but takes good pictures that print up beautifully up to 8x10.

N2212R said:

You mean the dumb, shaken s... that is concerned about the airp-lane in the sky right ?

Joe Williams said:
Hey... it's not just our C150s that can scare the boogers out of America the "brave." Seems some folks in San Francisco are "shaken" after seeng a C-17 do practice approaches to a civilian airport. Boy, if puny C-17 can do that, I hope I don't cause heart attacks when I'm out and about in a C-172 tomorrow!!

http://www.generalaviationnews.com/editorial/articledetail.lasso?-token.key=11546&-token.src=index&-nothing

Just part of the fun living in the Bay Area. Sanctimonious twits like that, the same ones that complain and protest and try to physically block military recruiters from the high schools.

Back