Ga in april

crazyhorse

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
crazyhorse
Just a general question,
I visit the usa every year the first 3 weeks in april.Ive done Florida and socal in order to get good flying wx.Can anyone suggest some other good states re wx at that time of year and which would also be a nice place for a holiday?
Thanks.

That's a great time of year in Arizona and New Mexico, even southern Utah. Some suggested destinations: Grand Canyon and Bryce Canyon National Park both have convenient airports nearby; Zion National Park (via Cedar City or St. George, Utah); Santa Fe, NM.

-- Pilawt

How 'bout go for a new rating or endorsement in a pretty area? Oh, say a tailwheel endorsement in the flat farmland of the breadbasket or a SES on Lake Union or the Colorado or other river?

It's a big country and lots of great places. So maybe spend some time thinking about what type of flying would most appeal to you, then maybe we can better point you in the right direction. OTOH, a several week timeframe is plenty of time to roam much of the country. Make it a flying tour.

Last edited:
crazyhorse said:
Just a general question,
I visit the usa every year the first 3 weeks in april.Ive done Florida and socal in order to get good flying wx.Can anyone suggest some other good states re wx at that time of year and which would also be a nice place for a holiday?
Thanks.
I would do Lakeland Fl and go to Sun N Fun, its like the 2nd week of April, lots of airplanes and bad food.

Regards Mike

The good news is, the southern US has great flying weather in April, and there are SO many places you can go, places loaded with great airports and fun flying people. I'll tout the incredible scenery and great folks you'd find in the Texas hill country (south central Texas), and the stark beauty of far west Texas.

As you get closer to the time, keep in touch here, you'll get lots of timely advice.

Why not check out the pacific northwest or New England? While I live in Albuquerque, and the views are truly stunning in the west, if the weather is good, New England is one hell of a place to fly and visit.

While I hate to shamelessly plug it - please sign up at goflyamerica.org and participate wherever you go in America. We can use all the help we can get, and its one hell of a fun time, Crazy!

Back