GA flying with infants

Fearless Tower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fearless Tower
Anyone have any experience with this/recommendations?

Need to make a trip from San Diego to Phoenix soon and the thought of driving vs flying is agonizing to me - trying to convince my wife that a couple hours in the back of a Cherokee 6 would be so much better than driving (with my wife, the drive takes 8-9 hrs!)

Trouble is I have no experience flying with infants. I didn't start flying with my first daughter until she was three.

Anyone flown with infants much in the 2 month old range?

We used to do Flagstaff to San Diego and back all the time, with two toddlers. That would have been "auto-unbearable".

500 fpm descents only. One Middle row seat removed, Spouse in the middle row dealing with the kids in the wayback. Oldest kid up front with dad. Choose altitude for comfort- by temps or by turbulence. Headsets for the older kids.

Attachments

• abby201.JPG
    abby201.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 53
Bruce,
Any concerns as far as noise and infant hearing? My 3 year old has a headset, but that obviously doesn't work for the little one.

Well, there are always concerns about hearing. But, the one that I put in the picture- she's now an oboeist.

When Ciara was little I had good luck with the foam earplugs tucked under a hat with ear flaps. A headband could work as well to keep the plugs in.

By the time she was one, she would wear ear protectors.

Well, there are always concerns about hearing. But, the one that I put in the picture- she's now an oboeist.

I remember that picture! She looks like such a good girl! (And definitely like a future musician!)

The drone will put them to sleep, but certainly, small earplugs will do the trick on sound absorption. Buckle 'em up and fly 'em out!!!!

Back