GA aircraft cruise vs gph graph?

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Anyone seen?
ie, a listing of typical cruise speed on y axis, gph at typical cruise on x.
even a chart?

Anyone seen?
ie, a listing of typical cruise speed on y axis, gph at typical cruise on x.
even a chart?

Can't say as I have ever seen it graphed out in POH/AFM/Pilots Handbook before, no. All I can recall is tables. The info is tabulated in the Performance section, so you could just graph it yourself.

The Cessna POHs have this info in tabular form. Its listed by Pressure altitude, temperature, RPM, % Horsepower, TAS and GPH.

You'd have to plot several series of graphs in which TAS and GPH are plotted for each of the other parameters.

The Cessna POHs have this info in tabular form. Its listed by Pressure altitude, temperature, RPM, % Horsepower, TAS and GPH.

You'd have to plot several series of graphs in which TAS and GPH are plotted for each of the other parameters.

This would be a good thing to build in Excel so you can vary the inputs and see what gives the best results for the day's conditions.

nonono, my mistake!
after one glass of wine is not a good time to ask a Q, I'd say.
I was hoping to see, on one page, a depiction of a variety of a/c with typical or average values for gph & cruise if that makes more sense.
Ie a C172 7gph & 110kts, C182 10gph & 130kts etc etc
Oh, and I am well aware there are vast differences between all the eg C182s out there. Let's choose the most common version of each model.

nonono, my mistake!
I was hoping to see, on one page, a depiction of a variety of a/c with typical or average values for gph & cruise if that makes more sense.
Oh, and I am well aware there are vast differences between all the eg C182s out there. Let's choose the most common version of each model.

Ah, sorry, got you now. Does Rising Up have something like that? I can't recall coming across, but they have one of the better compilations of comparative data. I'm not sure they have enough data points (most are likely simple 2 speed advertising spec data points) to compile a graph that shows comparative speed/fuel flow to show more than 'max' and cruise' data points, but that's all you're looking for, so may drop them a line and ask if they could make such a product.

nonono, my mistake!

You could always convert to mpg for zero wind conditions, and then compare.

Back