G5 troubleshooting

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
My wife flew the Bonanza on a short lunch run today. The G5 worked fine on her way there, but on the way home she could not get it to come on. My A&P just tested positive for Covid and has to stay home for 5 days or more.

Is there anything easy to check? She scanned the circuit breakers and they looked/felt ok. Is there an accessible fuse or anything else that I can check if I go out to the hangar to look at it?

She also asked me if our single G5 AI is primary or is the round gauge on the bottom primary?
I couldn't remember.

Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. This should bring it back to life.
Once you get it working, make sure the software is the latest and greatest. I think Garmin put out an update last year to solve the problem.

Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. This should bring it back to life.
Once you get it working, make sure the software is the latest and greatest. I think Garmin put out an update last year to solve the problem.
Thanks. She said she held it for about 4 or 5 seconds. Next time out there I'll try it again longer.

I'll also check the software version. I'm sure it hasn't been updated in at least 2 years.

Yes this^^^^^^^^^^

Back