G5 in a C150 help and tips

Matt150

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Matt150
Hello I just recently bought a Cessna 150 and I am looking to do Instrument training out of it. it has a King KX-125 with a digital VOR in it and I am considering buying a set of Garmin G5s for EFIS and DG/HSI and I was wondering if those would be compatible or if anyone had any information they could spare me with any tips for the setup! Thank you, Matt

They will interface with Garmin and Avidyne navigators only. I have a Garmin 400W (GPS only) I’m looking to get rid of. That would interface with the G5’s and would add WAAS approach capability to the 150.

I forget Avidyne all the time, yes they work with those too.

They will interface with Garmin and Avidyne navigators only. I have a Garmin 400W (GPS only) I’m looking to get rid of. That would interface with the G5’s and would add WAAS approach capability to the 150.
I might be interested in something like that, I could hook that up to the G5s and operate IFR right?

Garmin G5s will not interface with anything other than garmin radios. They are a big investment no matter how you look at it, even if labor is free its still a healthy chunk of money down.

Hey thank you for your response, I am looking to sink a little money into it. Do you know of any other affordable IFR routes I could take?

Back