G3X fuel calculator edit total fuel

Scott MacMoyle

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Scott M
Ive looked everywhere in every manual. I cant find out how to change the total fuel number in the center of the fuel calculator page. Not the fuel added number. The one you press when you fill up. I did it once when I entered the wrong number but I dont remember how to change it. I touch it and hold it and press menu and tried to find it in the config page. I caled Garmin and the current wait time is greater than one hour. How can Garmin be ok with that ?

It has to be in the setup menu. I remember setting my total fuel but I’m not near the plane so I can’t recreate it right now.

Hold the menu button down as you power the unit on to get to setup. Make sure to scroll down to the bottom to save and reboot when finished.

I’ve been there a dozen times. It just escapes me. Still on hold with Garmin !

Just got off the phone with Garmin. I have to recalabrate the fuel quantity to change that number. It is currently showing total fuel not total usable fuel. no other way.

Ah, you’ve got fuel transmitters in the tanks? I don’t, so I set my total quantity after adding fuel.

Yes. When I did the fuel calibration I suspect that at the end I entered total fuel instead of usable fuel so the only way to make it right is to re do the fuel calibration.

I feel your pain I need to do the same with my digital instrument in my Cessna. Not looking forward to it.

Back