G1000NXi + GTN345R + FS510 + ForeFlight

FPK1

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
FPK1
Anyone have this configuration and can tell us how everything plays together? Advantages, disadvantages, pros and cons, etc...

Unless they changed, G1000s are only available on new airplanes, they cannot be added later. I’m not aware of any airplanes that come like this.

Maybe a G3 plus the rest?

I used to own a Cirrus w G1000. I had the GTX345R and a FS210 installed. Worked great. No surprises. No complaints. I am aware that the FS510 will work with the G1000 NXi so the upgrade path is simpler than with a legacy G1000.

Unless they changed, G1000s are only available on new airplanes, they cannot be added later. I’m not aware of any airplanes that come like this.

Maybe a G3 plus the rest?
The op purchased a brand new airplane, presumably with the above avionics package installed.

I can only speak to the 510; it works as advertised. I use it with garmin pilot, and the database concierge is a killer feature. If you're a FF person, I think you can download GP for free and only use that feature. Flight plan sharing, traffic, weather, all that stuff works just like you'd expect, and maybe even a little better than you'd expect.

The op purchased a brand new airplane, presumably with the above avionics package installed.

I can only speak to the 510; it works as advertised. I use it with garmin pilot, and the database concierge is a killer feature. If you're a FF person, I think you can download GP for free and only use that feature. Flight plan sharing, traffic, weather, all that stuff works just like you'd expect, and maybe even a little better than you'd expect.

I am a FF user and a FS510 user and agree the Garmin database concierge is a great feature. So great I pay 79 bucks a year to have Garmin pilot on my I pad so I can use it for database updates. Pretty sure you need the Garmin Pilot subscription since mine expired last year and I was not able to update until I renewed it online. Would love to learn otherwise.

Yes brand new Tecnam P2010 MkII comes with G1000NXi and GTN345R. I added the FS510 thinking it would make updates and planning easier. I am a ForeFlight user (for a year now) and never really played with Garmin Pilot.

So I am curious how well this setup works with FF...? Or not? Or maybe I try GP.

My new plane should be delivered in a couple weeks.

OP here. I have transitioned to Garmin Pilot as my preference. Now I'm awaiting delivery of my new plane. I anticipate a Bluetooth connection between GP and the 345 and flight plan uploading between GP and FS510.

Decided to go this route since GP was required anyway to upload plans through the FS510 and since GP more closely resembles the G1000.

There are G1000 up fits available for a few air frames. King Airs I know for sure...

OP here. I have transitioned to Garmin Pilot as my preference. Now I'm awaiting delivery of my new plane. I anticipate a Bluetooth connection between GP and the 345 and flight plan uploading between GP and FS510.

Decided to go this route since GP was required anyway to upload plans through the FS510 and since GP more closely resembles the G1000.

GP is not required to upload plans through the FS510, but it is required to use the database concierge upload of databases. I use ForeFlight to upload flight plans and the GP aka the Garmin Database loader to upload the database.

GP is not required to upload plans through the FS510, but it is required to use the database concierge upload of databases. I use ForeFlight to upload flight plans and the GP aka the Garmin Database loader to upload the database.
Got it! Thank you.

Not sure about the 345 when paired with a G1000, but my 345 paired with a GNS530W and an FS210 has the Bluetooth turned off on the 345 and my connection is with the FS210. I would guess your connection will be with the 510, not the 345. Unless you were just saying that in generalities.

I do the same thing! I’ve been using FF for so long..and I use it for my log books too so I’m probably not going to change. But I’m willing to pay the 79 bucks a year just for the database concierge.

Back