G1000 training video

keo56

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
keo56
I'm looking to borrow or be pointed in the direction of a solid G1000 training video. Headed for training (SunState) in October and would like to be comfortable with the basic operations.

I'll pay shipping et al, for a loaner if anyone has a dvd laying around.

Thanks for a great forum.

Al

Here's a potential creative solution: I transitioned to glass by using the Eaglesoft Add-on to Flight Simulator for Cirrus Avidyne. The entire panel works...every single button and you learn so much more by actually using than a video.

I can't vouch for this video, but it does seem to describe a similar training approach for G1000 using Flight Simulator. Again, I'm not yet a G1000 guy, but this approach worked extremely well for the Cirrus Avidyne which I hear is very similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRqKayx9DXo

Check Sporty's or the King's. If I remember correctly they both have training programs. But to tell you the truth the best way is to buy a simulator (Garmin has one), and a G1000 book and practice. Before I soloed my plane with the G1000, I also spent some time with a simulator I had for MS Flight X. Alternatively, flying it with an instructor works as well.

I have a few hundred hours on mine, and it really is not that complicated, at least when it is working, which has been somewhat problematic over the last few months.

Thanks for the solid feedback gents.....I'm after it!

Back