G1000 Sim with CH USB Yoke

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Anybody here running the G1000 simulator from Garmin with the CH Products USB Yoke? G1000 sim sees the pedals just fine, but doesn't see the yoke at ALL. The yoke works fine in MS Flight Simulator and in the calibration applet in control panel.

I bought the yoke hoping it would behave better than the Microsoft Joystick I'd previously been using. It, at least, worked (somewhat), even if it did let the G1000 go off into a turn unless you constantly counteracted it, and wouldn't make a coordinated turn unless you twisted the joystick on its yaw axis while banking into the turn.

But this CH Products USB FlightSim Yoke doesn't register at ALL. What say you?

and wouldn't make a coordinated turn unless you twisted the joystick on its yaw axis while banking into the turn.

Don't twist the stick, no coordinated turn. Twist the stick, Coordinated turn. Yaw = Rudder

Don't twist the stick, no coordinated turn. Twist the stick, Coordinated turn. Yaw = Rudder

Yeah, I know that... but what I'm saying is the G1000 sim is WAY out of whack. It wouldn't turn at ALL with just the stick without twisting the joystick too.

Yeah, I know that... but what I'm saying is the G1000 sim is WAY out of whack. It wouldn't turn at ALL with just the stick without twisting the joystick too.

So it wouldn't turn without the rudder or it wouldn't turn coordinated without the rudder?

Anybody here running the G1000 simulator from Garmin with the CH Products USB Yoke? G1000 sim sees the pedals just fine, but doesn't see the yoke at ALL. The yoke works fine in MS Flight Simulator and in the calibration applet in control panel.

I bought the yoke hoping it would behave better than the Microsoft Joystick I'd previously been using. It, at least, worked (somewhat), even if it did let the G1000 go off into a turn unless you constantly counteracted it, and wouldn't make a coordinated turn unless you twisted the joystick on its yaw axis while banking into the turn.

But this CH Products USB FlightSim Yoke doesn't register at ALL. What say you?

The good news is, you aren't alone.

I did the opposite, I had the USB yoke and with the G1000 sim, it was in a constant turn. So I ended up buying a joystick, and have the same issue. I haven't had a chance to play with it to see what the deal is, but I may try an un-install tonight and a re-install to see if that gets me anywhere.

The good news is, you aren't alone.

I did the opposite, I had the USB yoke and with the G1000 sim, it was in a constant turn. So I ended up buying a joystick, and have the same issue. I haven't had a chance to play with it to see what the deal is, but I may try an un-install tonight and a re-install to see if that gets me anywhere.

Thanks, Steve, let me know what you find out. I might write Garmin tech support and find out what joysticks they KNOW will work, because nothing I've tried has worked well.

Can't wait til they write that program to support multiple monitors, so I can have the PFD and MFD up at the same time, talking to each other, one on each monitor.

I had the same problem. The sim was actually using the CH throttle/prop/mix as the pitch, bank and yaw axis. Here's how I fixed it:
Go to START -> CONTROL PANEL -> GAME CONTROLLERS

Click the ADVANCED button

A box comes up that says "Select the device you want to use with older programs." Choose CH Flight Sim Yoke USB from the drop down and click OK.

Then click OK on the other box and you're done.
It worked for me. Now my CH Yoke works like a charm with the G1000 sim. I still haven't figured out how to get the USB CH Yoke and Pedals to work together with the sim. I've heard that other brands of yoke and pedals work together on that sim...but not mine.

No problem. Unfortunately, either the prop or mixture is still the rudder control. So you need to use one of those to simulate the inclinometer feature of the G1000.

If someone can tell me how to get both my CH USB Yoke and Pedals to work together with the G1000, that would be great!

Let me know if that fixes your issue.

OK, attention all you fellow G1000 simulator flyers who have the CH Products Flight Sim Yoke and Pedals and can't get them to work with the Garmin sim!!

I figured it out, have it working, and have documented the process to get it set up (it's a lengthy process!).

My lack of flying funds lately has left me feeling mercenary! I've spent months figuring out how to get this to work, there's no answers anywhere on the web, so I'm going to try to recoup some of that effort into flying money by putting the document on my website and sell it to the general public.

But the solution is free, of course, to my POA friends.

If you fly with the setup described above, and want to know how to make it work, PM me here at POA, provide your email address, along with your promise not to redistribute my document, the password to it, or the solution on this or other websites, and I'll send you the "how to" document gratis, free of charge.

My lack of flying funds lately has left me feeling mercenary! I've spent months figuring out how to get this to work, there's no answers anywhere on the web, so I'm going to try to recoup some of that effort into flying money by putting the document on my website and sell it to the general public.

I suspect you're not going to get anywhere with that.

I suspect you're not going to get anywhere with that.

You're probably right!! But my momma always said "You never know unless you try!"

Like I said, it's free to anybody on POA--we're like family here, I wouldn't charge any of you. But there is a huge market out there for flight sim add-ons and such, and somebody out there might want to pay to find out the solution, rather than figure it out for themselves.

That's not greedy; that's capitalism! :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the document Troy! It worked perfectly. It was also very well written and easy to follow. I am now able to fly the G1000 sim with both my CH yoke and pedals!

Oh, and Jesse, Troy said he's going to buy both you and I a beer with the first proceeds from the document. Here's to successful sales! :drink:

Thanks for the document Troy! It worked perfectly. It was also very well written and easy to follow. I am now able to fly the G1000 sim with both my CH yoke and pedals!

Oh, and Jesse, Troy said he's going to buy both you and I a beer with the first proceeds from the document. Here's to successful sales! :drink:

Adam, Jesse:

Where do you want to meet?
Dear Troy Whistman,

This email confirms that you have received a payment for $14.95 USD from Lucien d'Sa (xxxxxxxxx@compuserve.com).

Receipt ID: 4880-3174-980x-xxxx

The number above is the buyer's receipt ID for this transaction. Please retain it for your records so that you will be able to reference this transaction for customer service.

View the details of this transaction online

Payment Details
Total Amount: $14.95 USD
Currency: U.S. Dollars
Transaction ID: 8U0904947W79xxxxx
Quantity: 1
Item/Product Name: G1000 / CH Products Yoke and Pedal Configuration
Item/Product Number: G1000
Buyer: Lucien d'Sa

Shipping Information
Address: Lucien d'Sa
xx xxxxx xxxx xxxxx
Oxshott, Surrey
KT22 0NJ
United Kingdom

Google finally crawled the site. The beer's on me!

Troy is my hero!

heck you'll have to wait like 2 years or something before Jesse can have a beer

He can fly down here to Dallas and I'll buy him one! Or, next year at Gastons.

Or were you referring to the cost of the beer he drinks?

no, just referring to the fact that all 50 states have enacted (federally forced) laws that require that people be 21 to consume alcohol. From my conversations with him, Jesse is planning on a life of no alcohol anyway. Im sure he'd take a sandwich or some chocolate chip cookies though, that kid is always hungry.

no, just referring to the fact that all 50 states have enacted (federally forced) laws that require that people be 21 to consume alcohol. From my conversations with him, Jesse is planning on a life of no alcohol anyway. Im sure he'd take a sandwich or some chocolate chip cookies though, that kid is always hungry.

Ah, well then he gets ROOT BEER and cookies...

I found this page interesting (the minimum age in other countries). The United States is the only one at 21 years old.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/LegalDrinkingAge.html

What's REALLY interesting is that while you can't drink alcohol in the US until you're 21, you can SERVE it when you're 18 or older in 37 states, and bartend in 24 (at 18).

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/StateAndLocalLaws/index.html

Last edited:
yea iowa is an 18 serve state. bartend too. we have a lot of high school seniors who get jobs at my dads bar waiting tables and serving. good tip money

Troy, does this yoke work well for MS flight sim? I'm looking to build a sim box in order to work on my instrument rating and I'd love something a little bit more realistic than a crappy joystick.

Troy, does this yoke work well for MS flight sim? I'm looking to build a sim box in order to work on my instrument rating and I'd love something a little bit more realistic than a crappy joystick.

Hey Jason, it works great. I think the rudders are HIGHLY sensitive, and haven't found an effective way to "dial them down", even with the tools that CH Products provides, but the USB Yoke with throttle/prop/mixture and the flap/gear switches is terrific. I used a joystick for YEARS before getting the yoke, and I enjoy FS much more now.

Back