G1000 data logging

Did you make a folder named "print" ?

Yup. No images there, or anywhere else on the card.

Did you get your checklist from your OEM? If not it will not work.

Yes, it is the OEM checklist file.

9.15 will data log but you have the old style page info like a 430 530. Many new features with 10.00 and higher.

What do you mean by "old style page info?"

Heck, I wasn't aware you could do data logging on a 430 either - Obviously, much less data there anyway.

Is there some sort of revision history available for the various software updates? Where are you getting your info?

Thanks a heap!

Kent

Yes, it is the OEM checklist file.

BTW... Here are the directions, directly from Diamond:

• Remove the Terrain Data SD card from your MFD (i.e. the card in the lower slot).
• With the card loader copy the “chklist.ace”-file to the SD card. Be careful that the files aleady on the SD card are not changed in any way!
• Re-insert the SD card in the MFD (lower slot).
• On the next power up the electronic checklist will be available.

The checklist file can be downloaded here: http://support.diamond-air.at/cl_da40-180.html

Last edited:
My check list goes into the top slot. I do not like messing with data on the supplemental cards. If they get corrupted it will cost about $1000 for new ones if they are the -43 cards which I and Cessna uses.

I'd be making an image of those cards before I touched them.

dd if=/dev/sdX | gzip > ~/image.img.gz

You can not do it and still have the cards work, there is data on the cards that is hidden and a computer can not copy them. It takes a computer with the right firmware to copy. Garmin has that covered to keep people from making copies of SW.

You can not do it and still have the cards work, there is data on the cards that is hidden and a computer can not copy them. It takes a computer with the right firmware to copy. Garmin has that covered to keep people from making copies of SW.
You could most likely restore the image to the same card that it was generated on.

The CPRM protection scheme being used on SD cards encrypts the data using the SD card's unique serial number. It doesn't work when you copy it to a different card because that card will have a different serial number and the decryption keys within the data won't be complete.

Given enough time and desire there is no doubt that the CPRM scheme could be cracked. It's just not widespread enough to get enough brainpower in the world towards cracking it. Someone will eventually.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree enough time and you can get into anything, Some top SW techs try to see what is on a SVS unlock card and it is just blank, but when you put it in the GDU it does show a file. They even tried a Lenux computer and still could not see a file on the card.
Then again, it is important to know that the SW is all approved by the FAA and I would not mess with any of it.

Last edited:
Hmmm I think I found your Answer, Kent...

v 0321.22 no longer had the checklist enabled...

http://www.diamondaircraft.com/enewsletter/2010_03_12/CSTechTip2010-01.pdf
Please note that the electronic checklist, previously accessed via the G1000 multi function display, is no longer
available once the system software is upgraded to this latest version. Recognized by Diamond and by Garmin as
a desired feature, Garmin plans to offer it again in a future software revision.
It kind of begs the question, if it is recognized as a desireable feature, of why was it pulled?

I have the check list and really never use it, the MFD has to be up and running so all the info for pre start is useless. I have a copy of the checklist on my 695. The OEM is who calls the shots on what is on the SW. So it would be Diamond that removed it.

It kind of begs the question, if it is recognized as a desireable feature, of why was it pulled?

They weren't sure anyone was using it, or if it was worth the trouble, from what I hear...

But there are also Diamond owners who have gotten checklists to work on 0321.22, and it still talks about the checklist file, so it's not like that part is completely missing from the software. I just can't get it to work.

Then again, those who have gotten it to work have copied the file onto the card with the terrain and other data, and I'm not gonna mess with that card.

Back