[g]Holy gun valuation, Batman![g]

Fitzed??

Edit: Had never heard the term so I looked it up. Yes, it's 'fitzed '. Was my dad's pistol. Don't know when or why he had that done, but appears to have been a nicely done job.

Last edited:
"This space intentional left blank."

I've met some people who should have that tattooed on their forehead. :rolleyes:

Well, on another broad, my signature says, "This space reserved for future sarcasm." That applies to many aviation board members. :D

Fitzed??

Edit: Had never heard the term so I looked it up. Yes, it's 'fitzed '. Was my dad's pistol. Don't know when or why he had that done, but appears to have been a nicely done job.
Interesting. Never saw a fitzed 1911 before, only wheel guns. Nice collection. :)

Thanks! Had a couple more Kimbers, but sold em a while back. Been shooting other stuff than the 1911's

Me too. Mostly a revolver guy. That newfangled design from 1911 is probably just a fad. :-D

The Kimbers are well regarded. I'm no connoisseur, but I've only heard good things.

For those carrying 1911s, what kind of concealed carry rig do you use?

I just inherited my grandfather's 1911 and plan on taking it to the range soon.

I don't have any concealed rigs but I do have a couple high-ride holsters similar to the above for the .45's and the S&W's. They work fine for open carry in the boonies or at the combat course range.

IMO a 1911 is a little big to carry. Especially a full sized one and year round.

That is why I leave the Colt at home and carry a Ruger LCP 380
2013-01-10192741-1_zpsdc57abe3.jpg

I seldom open carry. Even though I live in a part of Washington that is 'gun friendly', some folks still kinda freak out when they see someone carry that doesn't also wear a badge. Usually the LCP lives in the little zipper pouch in my purse, or in one of the pockets of my Aerostich Roadcrafter when I'm on the bike.

1911 Officers and AlienGear cloak tuck 3.0 IWB ... couple spare mags in the weak side pocket

That is why I leave the Colt at home and carry a Ruger LCP 380. I seldom open carry. Even though I live in a part of Washington that is 'gun friendly', some folks still kinda freak out when they see someone carry that doesn't also wear a badge. Usually the LCP lives in the little zipper pouch in my purse, or in one of the pockets of my Aerostich Roadcrafter when I'm on the bike.

Wow, fly, ride and shoot! The trifecta!

That is why I leave the Colt at home and carry a Ruger LCP 380
2013-01-10192741-1_zpsdc57abe3.jpg

I got one of them! small enough to fit into the 'mini-pocket' of my jeans, no holster necessary!

Adds a whole new dimension to the concept of the BBQ gun.

I want my BBQ gun to make things "meatier", not "meteor." But seriously, I would seriously not pay a premium to have something manufactured from a space rock.

not the best because I was laughing and moving quite a bit, but here it is in action............

Back