G/A Flying in Canada (from USA)

Worldwide trade

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
WorldWiseTrade
Other than flying for the airline, I haven't done any G/A flying in Canada in many years. Any tips? I'll need to add Canadian subscriptions to my Garmin (Cirrus / Perspective) and Foreflight, hoping it all works as in the U.S. Also picking up clearances at non-towered airports has become easy in the US nowadays with a phone call, what about in Canada. Immigration procedures? Well, all comments appreciated, planning to hop around particularly in the Maritimes this summer.

I’d start with looking into eAPIS, watch some tutorials. Years ago, one required a flight plan beyond 25 miles from the Canadian airport, if VFR.
I used to cross for little reason, now the hassle factor is higher. The vast majority of us light aircraft flyers aren’t gonna cause a problem, or have any ill intent.

Search for other threads on the subject. I think there’s one as recent as last fall. You’ll find everything you need from the border crossing requirements to the VFR procedures that differ from the USA. Good luck!

I haven’t don’t it to except for airline stuff. Seems hard

Back