future airman with 2 episodes of ADHD

lbfjrmd

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Senior AME/ATC AME
cleardot.gif

Good afternoon Dr. Fowler,

My name is X and I am looking for an AME to work on getting my medical. I have recently started flying lessons and was recommended to reach out to you by my dad who is a pilot for American Airlines. I was diagnosed with ADHD in 2014 and 2020. I was prescribed medication both times but was never on it long term. Most recently I took it for about 2 weeks in 2020 after the diagnosis but came off of it as I did not feel I needed it. I have no prior history of drug use and no criminal record. I am otherwise healthy and am on no medication. I have recently been going to a general therapist for career help. I have no history of depression or anxiety disorder. Please let me know if you need any other information.I have already talked to AMAS and a FAA Neuropsychologist about my ADHD situation and have heard mixed things about how I should move forward. AMAS suggested I go ahead and get everything I need and make an appointment with the neuro before getting deferred from the FAA whereas the neuro suggested getting deferred first and finding out exactly what the FAA wants. I am also looking for a timeline of how long it can take to get all this done. I look forward to hearing back from you and hopefully working with you to get my medical.

my plan for this future airman:

fill out his med-express but do not submit
see me for review of med-express and edit if necessary - review records - perform exam - deferred
await FAA instructions to future airman

I am hoping we can get by with a neuropsychology exam only though they may want psychiatry too (2 episodes). Depends on the FAA doctor! (they change!) Hopefully get this done within 4 to 6 months.

Can I ask how old this future airman is, and/or was his airline pilot father a party to either of the ADHD diagnoses?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back