Fury - The Worst Movie In The History Of The Universe

Man I was looking forward to watching that too.

I think you posted this in the wrong section, but I was interested in seeing the movie. Why do you think it was so bad?

Book of life was OK. My 10 year old said it was the best movie she has ever seen.:lol:

What? Are you daft?

"Fury" is the best war movie since Saving Private Ryan, and one of the most intense, well-done war movies I've ever seen. Mary and I got out of the theater feeling like we had ran a 26 mile marathon, and those 2.4 hours went by in a flash.

HIGHLY recommended.

I think you posted this in the wrong section, but I was interested in seeing the movie. Why do you think it was so bad?
I probably did.

I'm not expert by any means, but I know enough about tanks and the battles in WWII to hold a decent conversation.

I don't even know where to start. Fury was to tankers as Red Tails was to pilots. Maybe that will give you an idea.

What? Are you daft?

"Fury" is the best war movie since Saving Private Ryan, and one of the most intense, well-done war movies I've ever seen. Mary and I got out of the theater feeling like we had ran a 26 mile marathon, and those 2.4 hours went by in a flash.

HIGHLY recommended.
Maybe if you have the imagination and attention span of a third grader.

I wouldn't even recommend people to pirate it. It'd be a waste of HDD space.

I probably did.

I'm not expert by any means, but I know enough about tanks and the battles in WWII to hold a decent conversation.

I don't even know where to start. Fury was to tankers as Red Tails was to pilots. Maybe that will give you an idea.

Oh goody... so it's like Behind Enemy Lines, then?

Maybe if you have the imagination and attention span of a third grader.

I wouldn't even recommend people to pirate it. It'd be a waste of HDD space.

Yes, of COURSE. That's why they hired a real WWII tank driver to act as a consultant to the movie. http://www.militarytimes.com/articl...0/Vet-takes-WWII-tank-combat-big-screen-Fury-

Your review is about as bizarre as any I have read. I have literally not met a single person who saw that movie who didn't think it was incredibly good.

If you don't like Fury, you don't like war movies.

BTW: The director is former military and knows his stuff.

He also wrote U-571......

Oh, hilarious. :rolleyes2:
GaruPan is supposed to be very good in the details of tanks. All the military hardware enthusiasts were ecstatic. Also, the anime created an interest in Japanese public:

According to Rocket News, a blog that seems to report mostly on Asian pop culture, 110,000 civilians applied to watch the exercise (usually attended by 3,000 -- P.Z.), held on August 25 at the foot of Mt. Fuji. Rocket News attributes some of the increased attention to “Girls und Panzer,” an anime show where five ordinary-seeming schoolgirls participate in “the way of the tank,” depicted in the show as a traditional modern art, and compete in tank competitions with other schools. It’s all very traditional Japanese anime, except for the military aspect. Since its release last year the show has climbed to the top of Japan’s media charts. Tank figurines base on the show are apparently extremely popular.
I did not like it much, mostly because of the flat characterization. But yeah, the tanks...

I just wasted 20 minutes perusing the Fury reviews on some of the Military groups.

With some of the usual niggling complaints about making a Hollywood production out of war (not too dissimilar to our nits with "Top Gun"), most of the reviews there are positive. Fury very much captures the violence of war, and realistically portrays tank warfare according to those who have been there and done that.

Some of the characters are stereotypical. Some of the action is overdone. But, overall, Fury is the best tank movie since Patton, IMHO, and certainly the best war movie since Saving Private Ryan.

I'm hoping to see it a second time.

I'll still go see it. If I can watch "Rubber", then I can watch anything. :rofl:

That's a ringing endorsement- he directed a movie where a sub/destroyer duel lasted 45 minutes.

Then I bet you haven't or can't stand to watch Das Boot.

If you want to watch documentaries, there's always PBS.

Here's an interesting little video showing the 3rd Army taking Cologne. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qfHgoSTm48

Lots of similar footage in Fury. The battle with the Tiger tank alone is worth the price of admission.
After they destroyed that Panther, they moved up to view the damage. One of the German soldiers was missing everything from his belly button on down.

I just wasted 20 minutes perusing the Fury reviews on some of the Military groups.

With some of the usual niggling complaints about making a Hollywood production out of war (not too dissimilar to our nits with "Top Gun"), most of the reviews there are positive. Fury very much captures the violence of war, and realistically portrays tank warfare according to those who have been there and done that.

Some of the characters are stereotypical. Some of the action is overdone. But, overall, Fury is the best tank movie since Patton, IMHO, and certainly the best war movie since Saving Private Ryan.

I'm hoping to see it a second time.

*****SPOILERS*****

You really think they talked with that slang over the intercom?
I can't remember the last time I saw a tank commander keep his head outside of the tank when the metal started flying.
The Germans could shoot, they just forgot how to when filming this movie.
An anti-tank gun (88mm?) inside of the bottom floor of a building? Lol.
Missing a 100 foot shot at the broad side of a Pershing? No.
That stupid typewriter kid finding that girl, looking at her hand, getting busy, and then she gets killed. I laughed out loud in the theatre. Utterly moronic.
Going from mid-day to the darkest night you've ever seen in a matter of seconds while in the tank at the final battle. The dramatic effect really wasn't necessary. The only reason they did it was to make the bullsh*t that happened later on somehow believable, which it wasn't.
Getting out of the tank AND THEN BACK IN IT while fighting? Lol.
That sniper scene :rofl::rofl::rofl:
German SS shooting at a tank with an MG42? Even if it was to be used as a distraction, it didn't work. I don't know what they were doing, or why it was even necessary to show it.
Soldiers getting together for a small briefing as the fighting is going on? You've got to be kidding me.
Letting your soldiers becoming Swiss cheese BEFORE using your Panzerfaust?
Having a Panzerfaust penetrate, only to take out that stupid Georgia guy? Lol. Don't even get me started on him. I liked him in The Pacific, but not this movie.

I'm not even scratching the surface. I could go on, but I don't need to. I didn't enjoy it.

So you missed "Natural Born Killers" and "Cannonball Run II"?
Guess so. :dunno:

I'm with Jay here, I saw it Friday and thought it was fantastic. It wasn't simply about an "accurate" portrayal of tank battles, which, I agree, if that is your criteria for judging a war movie then watch a documentary.

Last edited:
Giving my hard earned money to narcissistic, drug addict, worthless people who are incapable of actually doing anything for a living, but make tens of millions for gaping and mugging in front of a camera just goes against my grain.
Have not seen it. Will not be seeing it.
If someone enjoyed it - well, good for them.

Since we are talking bad, nothing is worse Than Fire Birds with Nicolas Cage if you were an AH-64 driver...just bad...really really bad...

Funny take someone's hobby/profession put it in a movie and they hate it. Nothing is ever technically correct in movies. Accept it or stay home.

Ted

Go see Guardians of the Galaxy [again] it'll calm you down. Absolutely nothing realistic, funny as all get out, and some fantastic music.

Ain't that the truth! Whenever anyone says a movie is the worst, I immediately ask, "Have you seen Rubber?"
I vote for Evita as the worst. Didn't think much of any of the Transformers because of the non-stop noise and couldn't tell the difference between the good transformers and the bad ones.

Back