Furball

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
In honor of my new puppy's two first place finishes as last week's big regional dog show, my new avatar is a little more, uh, playful!!

Attachments

• IMG_4366.JPG
    IMG_4366.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 40
A lot cuter and extra points for not banging on a cow bell. :)

What, having kids carrying a 4.3 GPA, swimming the English Channel, and batting .890 aren't enough for you??? Now you gotta have an overachieving dog too? :rofl:

There's a dog in the middle of all that?

(He says as he has only recently remembered that just 'cause the dog has short hair doesn't mean they don't shed it. Just call me fuzzy.)

Last edited:
In honor of my new puppy's two first place finishes as last week's big regional dog show, my new avatar is a little more, uh, playful!!
What a beautiful puppy. :) So, this is the dog that takes you out for exercise? Did you do the thing at the show where you trot along next to your dog? If so, I hope you got a video of that for us to see.

What a beautiful puppy. :) So, this is the dog that takes you out for exercise? Did you do the thing at the show where you trot along next to your dog? If so, I hope you got a video of that for us to see.

Looking at the legs next to the dog in the picture, I really hope Ken was not the one handling the dog... or I really want to see the video of him in a skirt & flats. :eek:

Looking at the legs next to the dog in the picture, I really hope Ken was not the one handling the dog... or I really want to see the video of him in a skirt & flats. :eek:
Maybe it's Ron Levy. He's proven he has the legs for it.

How does he survive in Florida?
She survives on a constant diet of food, oxygen and water, just like all the other mammals who live here!

Samoyeds do just fine in Florida. Their short inner coat thins out, but their long outer coat remains robust and can actually shield them from the heat, like the Arabs who wear long white robes in the desert.

She survives on a constant diet of food, oxygen and water, just like all the other mammals who live here!

Samoyeds do just fine in Florida. Their short inner coat thins out, but their long outer coat remains robust and can actually shield them from the heat, like the Arabs who wear long white robes in the desert.

Had a Keeshond for 14 years and she didn't like summers even in Colorado. Even after we dug out the inner coat each spring. Perfectly happy sleeping in the snow. Always like the looks of a Samoyed.

That's not merely fluffy. That's fuffy.
I dig those Arctic breeds... even short Husky fur is sooo soft.
:)

Ken, looking at your avatar, it looks like your new pup (name?) has just passed Vr and the gear is coming up! Congrats!

-Skip

ps: Does the POH mention anything about stowing the tongue before the launch? :D

Ken, looking at your avatar, it looks like your new pup (name?) has just passed Vr and the gear is coming up! Congrats!

-Skip

ps: Does the POH mention anything about stowing the tongue before the launch? :D
Skip, the tongue is actually a cowl flap. Gotta keep the internal temps in the green.

The pup is technically El-Al's A Touch of Destiny, but we call 'er Tia.

Can anyone guess the reference?

She's beautiful, Ken! I didn't know you were kept by a 'moy... We who own samoyeds know we never really boss them, they boss us...

I'm just glad to know that there is someone else besides me who has white hair on his clothes! LOL!

Jim G

She's beautiful, Ken! I didn't know you were kept by a 'moy... We who own samoyeds know we never really boss them, they boss us...

I'm just glad to know that there is someone else besides me who has white hair on his clothes! LOL!

Jim G
My mother in law is a top Sammie breeder. I can have any kind of dog I want, as long as I want a Sammie.

Ken, is this your first samoyed? Ours is 12 going on 13, and never was anything but a pet/boss of the house. Never done the dog show circuit. That looks like a lot of work, and it looks like it frequently isn't much fun. Is that your wife showing your sammy or do you have someone else who does the showing?

Jim G

Ken, is this your first samoyed? Ours is 12 going on 13, and never was anything but a pet/boss of the house. Never done the dog show circuit. That looks like a lot of work, and it looks like it frequently isn't much fun. Is that your wife showing your sammy or do you have someone else who does the showing?

Jim G
Cathy grew up doing dog shows as a junior handler as her mom was getting established as a breeder. Her mom has placed dogs all over the world now. In the 18 years I've known Cathy, we've had a steady parade of Sammies. Many we'd have a year or two in between breedings and then her mom would place them when she was done breeding them. We've had 3 (before this one) that were serious long term family pets. Our last one, Rainy, we had to put down Xmas eve 2006. She was almost 15. She was a champion. We did not show the other two pets, even though they were fine examples of the breed. The hassle factor of showing is pretty high, and the expense is a little shocking sometimes, too.

As this was Tia's first show -- and a regional series of 11 shows over 12 days -- we opted for a handler this time and we went down on the weekends. We're teaching my daughter the tricks of the trade, although she seems more interested in showing in obedience rather than the beauty contests.

If you want another Sammie, I know just who to call!!!

Back