Funny

My instructor and I have noted that every time you take your plane to an avionics shop, the conversation starts out with:

"Who did this work?! Whoever did it was a complete ****ing moron. My dog could do better wiring than this." :)

Last time I tried a line like that I was informed that I had done the work...:dunno:

OucH!!

Reminds me of a huge faux pas I commited in Basic...

DI is ripping through my locker: "THIS is WRONG! THESE are UNSAT!" and so on.

During a lul in the carnage I offered, "Sergeant -- you used my locker to demonstrate yesterday -- so I left it as it was..."

"Oh I DID, DID I??!"

Needless to say my stuff is still being found in various corners of that particular installation.

:redface:

I learned a long time ago about the glass house theory when talking about other shops and mechanics.

Kevin

I find that situation on occasion ... "who the he77 wrote this piece of crap code, and what the he77 was he thinking?" and then I remember "I did."

Changes the question to "what the he77 was I thinking?" :)

I learned a long time ago about the glass house theory when talking about other shops and mechanics.

Kevin

Doesn't apply to just aviation. Watch out asking the wrong question when there is ANY chance it may have been your boss that did that "&$)^%#*" report you are trying to decipher.
I know this somehow. :smile:

OucH!!

Reminds me of a huge faux pas I commited in Basic...

DI is ripping through my locker: "THIS is WRONG! THESE are UNSAT!" and so on.

During a lul in the carnage I offered, "Sergeant -- you used my locker to demonstrate yesterday -- so I left it as it was..."

"Oh I DID, DID I??!"

Needless to say my stuff is still being found in various corners of that particular installation.

:redface:

Um. yeah. Note to self -- keep mouth shut.
:D

Um. yeah. Note to self -- keep mouth shut.
:D

I don't always practice it but the rules I try to apply before I speak are:
1. Is it necessary.
2. Is it true.
3. Is it respectful.

If I we all practiced this more it would be an awfully quiet place - especially around the shop.

Back