Funny New name for BOS fix

Eamon

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Eamon
It seems that someone , prolly not a Bostonian, renamed one of the fixes on the RNAV 32 for BOS.

It starts with DRUNK..... Humm Ted K?

Then goes to HAVRD & YAARD

Then it used to be FNWAY & PAARK

They changed FNWAY to BGDIG ...Ouch.

It musn't have been a NYer that changed it either or else it would be YNKEE or DEDSX :) :)

It's good to know that somewhere, anywhere, in the bowels of our great democratic bureaucracy, that the light of humor still flickers, however dimly....

I used to have so much respect for you:dunno:

The only thing in my house that says YANKEES is the toilet paper.

Right there with ya, George. Well, not THERE exactly, but you get the idea. ;)

Gadzooks, DRUNK is RIGHT over Hyannis. If Teddy gets a hold of this it'll be Sabatini's end.

Those fixes have been there for a looong time. Fnway was changed to avoid confusion with another local fix.

Gadzooks, DRUNK is RIGHT over Hyannis. If Teddy gets a hold of this it'll be Sabatini's end.

The RNAV (GPS) RWY 24 approach into Hyannis (Barnstable Muni) has a couple of waypoints ( NOVCE and SOFOB ) that sounds like "Novice Son-of-a-B").

Would love, though, to arrive when KHYA ATIS has rolled around to Information Whiskey, and call the tower "I'm DRUNK, inbound with WHISKEY". :)

The RNAV (GPS) RWY 24 approach into Hyannis (Barnstable Muni) has a couple of waypoints ( NOVCE and SOFOB ) that sounds like "Novice Son-of-a-B").

Would love, though, to arrive when KHYA ATIS has rolled around to Information Whiskey, and call the tower "I'm DRUNK, inbound with WHISKEY". :)

I just wish the tower at HYA had as much humor as you :no:

Actually, Bruce, DRUNK is right over Marshfield, around 40NM from HYA.

THANK YOU!!!! And did you see...the people of massachusetts welcome you sign behind my friend. Hah hah hah. I had this one on the computer so I didn't have to take another pic of mine!!!!

Sign?? What sign??? All I saw were her great.....

silver ear rings, and bracelet.

I also liked the sweatshirt tied around the waist...:rolleyes: Nice touch! Sets off her beautiful
brown eyes

Back