Fun weekend for racing

flyersfan31

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Freiburgfan31
Two of my favorite races of the year were this past weekend: Indy and Monaco.

What made it even more fun this year was my kids were excited about Indy. We watched with some of the girls' cousins, so we had a handful of the 3-7set cheering for their chosen drivers (we let them pick numbers, winner got a matchbox car). Even with some stake in the outcome, they were all cheering for Danica anyway. First time I've been able to watch the whole race in years.

Then we come home, I have Monaco on DVR. What did my girls want to do? Play outside? No -- watch the Grand Prix with Daddy. What a life!! My older daughter did say it's not the same without Michael Schumacher.:)

How cool to get the kids involved, and some say female drivers aren't good for the sport!

I thought Indy was OK this year, but not great. The Champ Car drivers didn't really add much this year and I thought the lack of practice due to rain was pretty evident. Way too many cautions and unforced errors.

I did enjoy listening to the top drivers talk on their radios as they tried to get their cars dialed in. I loved watching the females all for unique reasons: Danica because she can drive as well as anybody out there, Sarah Fisher because she works so hard for everything she gets, and Milka because her crew was on her butt the whole race. All three are good for racing but I'm already sick of the talking heads and their analysis of the Danica/Briscoe incident.

The weather was perfect for watching a race and, as always, we had a great time. After the race we went home and watched it again on TV. Unfortunately neither Danica nor Marco won the replay either.

yea i actually watched the 500 this year, usually i dont get to interested in open wheel racing but it was pretty good. bummer about Danica though. too bad they didnt let her throw some punches.

Back