Fun, fun, fun!!!

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
Started working on one of my 2008 resolutions today by doing my first multi training in a Cougar. What a hoot!!! Wx was great, the darn thing just jumped off the runway....might have had something to do with pilot input...:D. We didn't start any single engine stuff, just flying the plane, getting the sight picture (odd not seeing the nose of the airplane), steep turns, slow flight, stalls, etc. It was just a fun airplane to fly!

And ya know what made it more fun? The Cougar is supposed to based out of JYO, but it was down at HEF. I swear, I don't know how to drive to HEF :dunno:.....:D..... So, I flew the Trinnie to HEF, and invited my CFI to go along, if he wanted to. Funny thing, he said Yes!!

You know what else I learned today? It's so much easier flying the Trinnie when my CFI is just a pax, than when he's on the job. :rofl:

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed myself today, so I just might have to continue with the multi. Have to do a BFR this year, so might as well get another rating, doncha think? :yes:

Kaye

flying to a flight lesson now thats awesome!!! perhaps we'll see the cougar at the Flybq:yes:

way to go, Kaye!

hee,hee I also flew to my multi (and glider) lessons!

have fun with it Kaye!

Tony,
You know what's so odd....this first lesson was on the husband. That's not what's odd, but he's become really antsy about keeping me in a plane with engines. I guess the more the merrier...or something like that. Anything to keep me out of a glider. Haven't figured out where that's coming from, yet, but there will be a glider rating sometime in my future! :yes:

Kaye

flying to a flight lesson now thats awesome!!! perhaps we'll see the cougar at the Flybq:yes:

Don't know what I might be fling for the flybq. Trinnie will be in for annual, and the cougar goes in for a paint job in 2 weeks. So timing of it back home and me getting a rating (and probably hours) might not work. But I'll find something! :yes:

Haven't figured out where that's coming from, yet, but there will be a glider rating sometime in my future! :yes:
Kaye

good! and heck if you can play it to get him to pay for your multi, even better :D

You know what's so odd....this first lesson was on the husband. That's not what's odd, but he's become really antsy about keeping me in a plane with engines. I guess the more the merrier...or something like that. Anything to keep me out of a glider. Haven't figured out where that's coming from, yet, but there will be a glider rating sometime in my future! :yes:

Kaye,

Once you finish your multi, your next rating can be the glider rating. Zero engines and Two engines averages out to one engine, right? :D

The Cougar is about the easiest-flying light twin out there. It's a real *****-cat with one engine out, so don't get too complacent about that when you move to a 310 or a Baron. Also, it flies just like an Aztec, so if you transition that way, it will be easy.

Started working on one of my 2008 resolutions today by doing my first multi training in a Cougar. ....Have to do a BFR this year, so might as well get another rating, doncha think? :yes:
Kaye, that's so cool! :yes:

LOL, I had to check to see what the heck a Cougar is, anyway...d'oh! I knew that... looks like a sweet ship.
I heartily recommend doing something different for your BFR- it makes it fun, not more work. ;)

Kaye,

Once you finish your multi, your next rating can be the glider rating. Zero engines and Two engines averages out to one engine, right? :D

HAHAHA!!! Your logic makes perfect sense to me! :rofl:

Back