Fun Flight Yesterday

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
I raced out of work early and headed for ames yesterday. within 30 minutes of arrival at the airport I was wheels up in the 421 with the chief pilot here headed out on an air sampling mission. flight went smooth as silk, surprisingly. Chicago Center was surprisingly slow for 6 PM and we were able to get big blocks with just a simple request. stopped back to Ames for gas, and picked up Matt M. He had been lusting after a 421 ride for some time, and with my High Altitude fiasco all finished up was hoping for some loggable time. shortly after takeoff him and the boss did the switcheroo and Matt enjoyed attempting to fly the airplane for the next 2.5 hrs as we did air sampling over Lincoln. Shortly before landing Matt and boss did switcheroo again and I made a beautiful landing. Matt enjoyed another type of aircraft and a unique type of flying. This is his first real multi experience, and what a great airplane to do it in. He brought a camera to capture the expected beautiful sunset but his hands were pretty full flying and it never came out of the bag. Lots of fun had by all!

Today I Glide, although the forecast is not looking too fantastic for cross country flying. Will just have to see how it turns out.

must be nice......

Then climbing in for some quiet glide time.....you have the best of BOTH worlds.

note to self....I really must try this glider stuff

eh actually i didnt do any gliding today, too windy and hot. Matt flew a couple flights with a new student in the club. I ground crewed. Tommorow Im supposed to tow but with winds forecast higher than today its looking doubtful that much will be going on.

but still, you really should try the glider stuff.

its a contract my FBO has with NOAA brook. we take samples of the atmosphere at altitudes ranging from 500 AGL to FL250. quite fun

Whenever you talk about the air sampling gig, I get this mental picture of you sticking your head out the storm window and blowing up a balloon.:D

its a contract my FBO has with NOAA brook. we take samples of the atmosphere at altitudes ranging from 500 AGL to FL250. quite fun

Whenever you talk about the air sampling gig, I get this mental picture of you sticking your head out the storm window and blowing up a balloon.:D

:D :D

Seriously, though - that flight sounded like great fun! Wish you luck in getting in the air today - it's breezier than yesterday around here as well,, density altitude for a 650 Elevation runway is already at 2500 this morning...

its something like that Lance. a little more high tech though, but the same end result.

No gliding today. the towpilot (me) decided that 15 kt crosswind components and 3200 ft density altitudes is a little too much for pulling the big fat draggy schweizer

Back