Fuller to Step Down as AOPA Chief

That didn't last long. But was long overdue.

Ya'll can lobby to have me as his successor.

In the announcement he noted that he made a 5 year commitment when he started, so this gives them a year to select EdFred.

Wow.....I guess I don't have any excuse to not renew my membership now...

In the announcement he noted that he made a 5 year commitment when he started, so this gives them a year to select EdFred.

Vote for me, and I'll make all your wildest dreams come true.

It is encouraging to see member input / feedback / internet forum comments do have a positive effect on "less then functional and professional leaders of an aviation group... First it was Rod Hightower and now Craig Fuller..... It will be interesting to see the golden parachute he receives as he heads out the door...

Vote for me, and I'll make all your wildest dreams come true.

Ed for PRES....:yes::cheers:

He offers free 100LL... Free hangars... No user fees... Free Insurance...

Free cell phones..... Food stamps..... ;);)..

Aw... never mind... some other smuck did that 4 months ago...:(

Ed, Can you get in charge quick enough to stop them from putting an ipad in the Debonaire?

I am with you on that one Ben, no one wants to be in on my wildest dreams!!!

I thought it was a wild dream, but my wife woke me up saying I was having a nightmare.

or maybe it was a charlie horse.

But I did get an AOPA flyer today asking me to re-up and promised a whole bunch of free stuff including, can you believe it, a cap with AOPA on it.

Actually, good for Fuller. I think it's a good thing for the leadership of a big nonprofit to change hands from time to time, help it stay responsive. Doesn't mean I'm sending them any money any time soon.

"Now, the train has been truly wrecked, and I will be moving on from my tenure at AOPA. It's been a wonderful 4 years, dismantling the entire concept of representing general aviation interests while putting my own stamp of sniveling and social allegiance to the spooge who runs this country. I'd like to thank a few people along the way, Bank of America for the millions of dollars I got to pony up all your email and phone numbers. Sportys, likewise. And a special heartfelt handshake of friendship to all my friends at DHS and TSA for making the dream of liberty in the aviation community a thing of the past. Oh, and gosh, who could forget the FAA for our draconian efforts to force everyone in the sky to be identified by ADS-B! Well done, I say, well and truly done! The FAA is of course there to strangle GA, along with me, and all my progressive lackeys here at AOPA. I can only hope the next president will be able to move toward a complete lock-down of free flight within the US, and put it under the thumb of flight-by-permission only, which is really the best way for all subjects, er, citizens."

EAA welcomes aviators, plane owners, dreamers, home builders, kids, and sponsors the largest airshow for GA on the planet.

:D

I wonder what his "retirement" is going to cost? If Boyer is the model, it won't be cheap.

Man, I would quit that organization in a heartbeat if we had a viable alternative...

EAA is like those beer commercials on TV. They pour it, they look at it, they toast it, they talk about it, they video it, they stare at it, they make fun of it, they do everything with the beer.

BUT THEY NEVER DRINK THE BEER!

You know, I didn't like Boyer taking the treasure chest with him, but we all have to admit that he did a helluva job.

EAA is like those beer commercials on TV. They pour it, they look at it, they toast it, they talk about it, they video it, they stare at it, they make fun of it, they do everything with the beer.

BUT THEY NEVER DRINK THE BEER!

I "think" FCC rules prohibit the drinking of alcohol on TV... You can do anything else to it/ with it.... you just can't consume it.:no:

I "think" FCC rules prohibit the drinking of alcohol on TV... You can do anything else to it/ with it.... you just can't consume it.:no:

I know that. Which makes the simile all that more accurate. The FAA is locking out more, and more of the airspace to GA. Just like the FCC doesn't allow beer vendors to slurp the product on the air.

Remember when people could actually smoke, on the air, in front of everyone! Oh - the huge manatee!!!!

I know that. Which makes the simile all that more accurate. The FAA is locking out more, and more of the airspace to GA. Just like the FCC doesn't allow beer vendors to slurp the product on the air.

Remember when people could actually smoke, on the air, in front of everyone! Oh - the huge manatee!!!!

I think that only has to do with advertising. There's plenty of "alcohol" consumption on non-advertised TV.

"Now, the train has been truly wrecked, and I will be moving on from my tenure at AOPA. It's been a wonderful 4 years, dismantling the entire concept of representing general aviation interests while putting my own stamp of sniveling and social allegiance to the spooge who runs this country. I'd like to thank a few people along the way, Bank of America for the millions of dollars I got to pony up all your email and phone numbers. Sportys, likewise. And a special heartfelt handshake of friendship to all my friends at DHS and TSA for making the dream of liberty in the aviation community a thing of the past. Oh, and gosh, who could forget the FAA for our draconian efforts to force everyone in the sky to be identified by ADS-B! Well done, I say, well and truly done! The FAA is of course there to strangle GA, along with me, and all my progressive lackeys here at AOPA. I can only hope the next president will be able to move toward a complete lock-down of free flight within the US, and put it under the thumb of flight-by-permission only, which is really the best way for all subjects, er, citizens."

This is hilarious because AOPA always seems so conservative sending out conservative talking points in their ePilot mailings.

Also, almost everything you mention was initiated long before the current prez.

But hey, hate all you want! :wink2:

This is hilarious because AOPA always seems so conservative sending out conservative talking points in their ePilot mailings.

Also, almost everything you mention was initiated long before the current prez.

But hey, hate all you want! :wink2:

Talk <> action. It's the liberal way.

'this will be the most transparent administration in history....

Not a hater, just getting a little truth out.

C'mon guys...

This is a legit aviation topic, let's keep it out of SZ

C'mon guys...

This is a legit aviation topic, let's keep it out of SZ

Yes, my bad. I started it with my diatribe and I apologize unreservedly. If the mods would like to remove it, and subsequent copies, that might be best. I should attempt to keep it aviation themed without the commentary bias. :wineglass:

Yes, my bad. I started it with my diatribe and I apologize unreservedly. If the mods would like to remove it, and subsequent copies, that might be best. I should attempt to keep it aviation themed without the commentary bias. :wineglass:

You also have to shave your head.

You only stated what MANY feel. :yeahthat:

Very Well Said.

Back