Fuel Stain!

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
Hey all,
I have a blue fuel stain on the wheel pan of the cherokee that was caused by a leaking drain, we had the drain replaced, but the stain is still there.
I was wondering if anyone had any good tips on how to get rid of it.

Thanks,

Rudy send a PM to EdFred. The EXACT same thing happened to him at the Wings Fly B Q last year on a newly painted wheel pant on his cherokee.

Ok, Thanks Adam

Rudy said:
Hey all,
I have a blue fuel stain on the wheel pan of the cherokee that was caused by a leaking drain, we had the drain replaced, but the stain is still there.

Thanks,

well replacing the leaking drain will only stop the stain from getting bigger. It will not remove the stain that is already there from the previous leaking drain. I would suggest that the best way to remove the stain would be to clean the wheel pant. This can be done with simple soap and water. Worked when my drain was leaking earlier this year.

As I told Rudy in PM the stain did NOT come off for me.
Soap and water: No
Alcohol: No
Bleach: No
Rubbing compound: No

I will have to have mine repainted.

I have had success with using (epa and osha types, avert your eyes)....avgas.
Yes 100LL blue avgas on a rag may solubalize the blue stains (that is the solution that dried off, after all) and will not add anymore blue. After that I used some Oxyclean, and finally had to use rubbing compound and then ordinary wax to get the shine back.
Get the Elbow WD 40 out. Oops I guess I mean Elbow Grease.

Rudy said:
Hey all,

Thanks,

Zippo lighter fluid or any Naptha type solvent often found in bug and tar remover. Good wax will also often work. Make sure you rewax after the stain comes off if you didn't use wax to remove it.

Re: Fuel Stain....riiiiight.

Sure, that's what Monica first tried to say about her blue dress.

Gerhardt said:
Sure, that's what Monica first tried to say about her blue dress.

I've often wondered what that soiled dress would bring on e-bay.

Henning said:
I've often wondered what that soiled dress would bring on e-bay.

Thousands of gag reflexes.

N2212R said:
Thousands of gag reflexes.

A quandary: If one used the genetic material to clone ole' Slick Willy, would the clone become President?

Henning said:
A quandary: If one used the genetic material to clone ole' Slick Willy, would the clone become President?

Well, if he was born in the USA, he *could* be.

Not that I am wishing for that... :no:

SCCutler said:
Well, if he was born in the USA, he *could* be.

Not that I am wishing for that... :no:

The issue stands more to one of predestination , if it exists at all, and it's connection to our genetic material ( assuming the predestined action/result is the Presidency, question in the face of predestination is what was the destination? The entirity of your life, or one moment of effect that one has in the universe?). If the clone doesn't achieve the same destination, is it then actually a duplicate? Arguements could be used either way to confirm or deny God (I hope noone takes offense of my complete spelling of God, I just can't see my version taking offense) so that doesn't really come into play. The biggest question it effects would be the nature of life and it's weight towards randomness and even the completeness of a clone.

So, how many Slick Willys would you have to clone to validate or invalidate an conclusions? Can anyone suggest how the experiments should be set up? Does anyone know where to find the dress?

Hmmm- isn't sperm haploid? You'd only have a portion of Bill's genetic material. For a human you need a somatic cell to get a complete set of genes for cloning.

Cap'n Jack said:
Hmmm- isn't sperm haploid? You'd only have a portion of Bill's genetic material. For a human you need a somatic cell to get a complete set of genes for cloning.

Hmmmm, well, he is still alive....

Henning said:
The issue stands more to one of predestination , if it exists at all, and it's connection to our genetic material ( assuming the predestined action/result is the Presidency, question in the face of predestination is what was the destination?

All of my stains would surely vote for him! :rofl: :goofy:

Sorry. That was pretty bad. :eek:

Henning said:
The issue stands more to one of predestination , if it exists at all, and it's connection to our genetic material ( assuming the predestined action/result is the Presidency, question in the face of predestination is what was the destination? The entirity of your life, or one moment of effect that one has in the universe?). If the clone doesn't achieve the same destination, is it then actually a duplicate?

You confuse apples with oranges. The clone is indeed a genetic organism duplicate, it is not a duplicate person. Identical twins are genetic duplicates but different persons. Of course, even the biological duplicity degrades over time as damage from transcription error, background radiation, chemicals, free radicals, cosmic rays and various other traumas degrade the original genetic material.

Henning said:
Arguements could be used either way to confirm or deny God (I hope noone takes offense of my complete spelling of God, I just can't see my version taking offense) so that doesn't really come into play. The biggest question it effects would be the nature of life and it's weight towards randomness and even the completeness of a clone.

No offense for me. The question has been answered by no less than Jesus himself: "The truth is no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit. Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives new life from heaven." John 3:5-6

In other words, clone away! if you wish. It is God who will determine if it (the clone) has an eternal spirit life, or if it is no more than a transient protoplasmic assemblage of about three pounds of ash and water. :)

I thought you said you were an ordained minister? :confused:

Try the simple green aircraft formula. Works pretty well from what I've seen.

Dart said:
I thought you said you were an ordained minister? :confused:

That would require me to follow your Dogma?

Henning said:
That would require me to follow your Dogma?

You are a piece of work. The master of the "one shot" and "Look! over there..." Talk big but put out little. At least WBarnhill stays in the fray untill "win, lose, or draw".

Last edited:
Rudy, you may want to try acrosol (sp?). You can purchase it from most any auto parts jobber. It comes in a tin can that is green and white.

kevin47881 said:
Rudy, you may want to try acrosol (sp?). You can purchase it from most any auto parts jobber. It comes in a tin can that is green and white.

That's Acrysolve, comes in a green and white can IIRC, and it is the same as Zippo lighter fluid (Naptha at the hardware store as well), whichever is cheaper.

Last edited:

Dart said:
You are a piece of work. The master of the "one shot" and "Look! over there..." Talk big but put out little. At least WBarnhill stays in the fray untill "win, lose, or draw".

I didn't think more was required. You put forth your sentiment as if it was "The Way". I merely pointed out that I may not subscribe to the same "truths" as you. At this point, it's all opinion with no proof, so I tend to keep an open mind.

Henning said:
At this point, it's all opinion with no proof, so I tend to keep an open mind.

Well I can only gather you are referring to the Jesus quote. The clone question about identity and predestination was scientifically answered. Clones are not identical persons, hence the clone does not have to follow, and will not follow the exact path of the genetic donor. Hence the predestination issue is moot. No "dogma" here, just biology and physics.

Henning said:
I didn't think more was required.

Usually questions ( a sentence with a "?" thingy) are a request for more information. You said you were an ordained minister. "Minister" usually refers to one who serves in a christian protestant faith. Wiccans, druids, satanists, jews, buddists, hindus, catholics, and muslims (to name a few) do not generally use the word "minister" to describe themselves. I was more than a little surprised that someone claiming to be an "ordained minister" would be unfamiler with John chapter 3, and would refer to it as a "sentiment"

Henning said:
You put forth your sentiment as if it was "The Way".

I put forth JESUS' statement as the answer to your question. However anybody may personally feel about Jesus, he was a historical figure about who's existence there is little doubt (even among those who despise him). You were wondering essentially (but not in these words) wondering if a clone could have eternal life or even a relationship to god (ie: a soul). I gave you a quote from one of history's great acknowledged philosophers. To me the quote meant that while there is nothing unatural or wrong with man creating human life, only God (the nith dimension if you prefer) can create a soul. If I had quoted Sarte would you have said I was spouting dogma???

Like an idiot, I was under the impression an "ordained minister" would recognize a Gospel quote and either expound upon or rebutt it's relevance to a clone. Boy, was I wrong. No one to blame here but myself.

Now, that "ninth dimension" business indeed appears to be your "sentiment". I've not heard the theory in any of my research in physics, world religions, or great philosophers. I and others asked for, are still waiting on, more info on the "ninth dimension" Can you at least provide some guidance documents???

Henning said:
I merely pointed out that I may not subscribe to the same "truths" as you.

That much is certainly indisputable. The difference is I'm willing to put mine out there for rebuttal. We don't have any idea what your "truths" are. You want to have "snappy comment fun", not genuine philosophical discourse, and I'm tired of being toyed with.

larrysb was right. Sorry folks. I'm done.

Henning said:
That's Acrysolve, comes in a green and white can IIRC, and it is the same as Zippo lighter fluid (Naptha at the hardware store as well), whichever is cheaper.

Yep, that's the stuff Henning. Thanks for the correct name. I was too lazy to walk downstairs :D

kevin47881 said:
Yep, that's the stuff Henning. Thanks for the correct name. I was too lazy to walk downstairs :D

Yeah, I've used plenty of it getting tar off cars, there's even a black and white checkerboard on the label IIRC, I havent seen a can in 25 years and the image is still burned into my brain.:D BTW, it's also good for removing wax before touching up paint.

Wasn't interested in this thread before I found blue stains on my fuel selector valve today (Cherokee). Plastic handle and plastic back plate - regular cleaners didn't do much with the stains. Now to get the valve fixed.

Back