Fuel Price Research

phludzenski

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
phludzenski
I'm not a pilot, so I was hoping some of you might help me become more familiar with some of the online resources that pilots use to find the best fuel prices as part of their flight planning. Thanks!

Skyvector.com is probably easiest online resource. Click on Layers then choose FBO and pick the type of fuel you want to locate.

But beware...I've discovered lately that cheap fuel might mean their credit card reader isn't working!! Ask me how I know.....grrrrr...

In most cases, I tend to call the FBO before I go to a new destination. It helps to find out any other fees and verify the fuel is available at the posted price.;) It only takes 3 minutes and it sucks to find out they don't take AMEX or the fuel truck has been down for a week AFTER you land. :mad2:

Skyvector.com is probably easiest online resource. Click on Layers then choose FBO and pick the type of fuel you want to locate.

But beware...I've discovered lately that cheap fuel might mean their credit card reader isn't working!! Ask me how I know.....grrrrr...

I always carry my checkbook in my flight bag. Some places offer 20c or more discount on cash/check purchases.

I always carry my checkbook in my flight bag. Some places offer 20c or more discount on cash/check purchases.

We had cash...but no one around to take it and voicemail on all listed numbers. Has to go on to next airport along our route.

I check both Airnav and 100LL.com, however just this weekend I filled up at KLHM and paid $4.99/gal and both of those sites show $5.25/gal. Both sites also say prices are current, those were the prices before the weekend too.:dunno:

Back