Fuel discount...Gaston's fly-in

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
The FBO at BPK will give us a fuel discount of $.20/gallon. That will make the fuel $2.90 plus tax. Just tell them (Danny or John) that you are with the group flying in to go to Gaston's this weekend. They will also have drawings for free stuff (fuel, oil, stuff, etc.) and I was told that everybody will win something. :)

You can call their unicom as you are coming in and they will call Gaston's to send a van.

$2.90 a gallon is not a bad price....

it's $2.85 at self-serve at my home port.

wsuffa said:
$2.90 a gallon is not a bad price....

it's $2.85 at self-serve at my home port.

For those traveling from anywhere NE of Gastons: 032 degrees at 48.1 miles from Gastons is Willow Springs Memorial Airport, Willow Springs, MO. Fuel is $2.40/gallon according to a 6/22/2005 report on Airnav.com.

Another NE airport is Salem MO at $2.50, I called and checked last week, so this price should still be good.

Diana said:
The FBO at BPK will give us a fuel discount of $.20/gallon. That will make the fuel $2.90 plus tax. Just tell them (Danny or John) that you are with the group flying in to go to Gaston's this weekend. They will also have drawings for free stuff (fuel, oil, stuff, etc.) and I was told that everybody will win something. :)

You can call their unicom as you are coming in and they will call Gaston's to send a van.

Which FBO is that? (Isn't there two on field?)

Bill Jennings said:
Which FBO is that? (Isn't there two on field?)
Mountain Home Flight Service is who I talked to. Don't know if there is another one.

There are two FBO's but Mountain Home is the only one with fuel according to AOPA.

I only recall one at BPK. You can't miss it....

Hey guys, don't forget, last year the guy at Mountain Home said he would have given us a discount if we would have told him we were coming!! Might be worth a call from one of you that intends on landing on a paved runway!!

Best,

Dave
Baron 322KS

Dave Siciliano said:
Hey guys, don't forget, last year the guy at Mountain Home said he would have given us a discount if we would have told him we were coming!! Might be worth a call from one of you that intends on landing on a paved runway!!

Best,

Dave
Baron 322KS

From the first post it seems like Diana has already negotiated it!

We stopped for fuel in Red Oak Iowa, on our way from S49, Vale Ore. to BMI Bloomington IL. I was shocked by the fuel price. $2.50 a gallon. I would recommend a stop there if you are going that way. They said they have a place for you to sleep in a pinch. Also a courtesy car. Friendly folks to boot! :goofy:

Back