Ft Worth Aviation Museum

Tfoster100

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
Over the Holiday weekend we took in the Ft Worth Air Museum near Meacham airport. It is a great museum with a bunch of airplanes outside and great exhibits inside spanning WWI thru present. We were very impressed with the volunteers who gave us a great walking tour with details that could have lasted all day if we wanted. Really appreciate the older Vets that volunteer their time to keep us informed and recount personal stories as well as some of the younger folks helping out. Sounds like about 50 or so folks volunteer time and money to fix up donated or purchased planes of all shapes and sizes.

The recent key plane is one they said flew in the movie Top Gun as the Russian plane that Maverick flipped off and took a picture of while he was flying upside down. I will attempt to attach picture.

Anyway, we couldn’t have been more impressed and I encourage anyone in the area to check it out and help support this great museum and the folks that keep it running.

Attachments

• AC9321F4-B7D4-4806-895F-03E251B2BC02.jpeg
    AC9321F4-B7D4-4806-895F-03E251B2BC02.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 32
Over the Holiday weekend we took in the Ft Worth Air Museum near Meacham airport. It is a great museum with a bunch of airplanes outside and great exhibits inside spanning WWI thru present. We were very impressed with the volunteers who gave us a great walking tour with details that could have lasted all day if we wanted. Really appreciate the older Vets that volunteer their time to keep us informed and recount personal stories as well as some of the younger folks helping out. Sounds like about 50 or so folks volunteer time and money to fix up donated or purchased planes of all shapes and sizes.

The recent key plane is one they said flew in the movie Top Gun as the Russian plane that Maverick flipped off and took a picture of while he was flying upside down. I will attempt to attach picture.

Anyway, we couldn’t have been more impressed and I encourage anyone in the area to check it out and help support this great museum and the folks that keep it running.

Cool, sounds great. That Aggressor there, I think one of our own POAers flew that in Top Gun, @Velocity173.

@Tfoster100 -- you should keep the Hangar Dance in mind. Nice evening in October that supports the museum.

The museum can be previewed fairly well on google streets.
I plan a visit soon!

Back