FSDO Visit

I headed to the FSDO this morning, my logbooks, my brain, and the airplane were gone over with a fine tooth comb over the course of about 8 hours and I walked away with a CFI certificate on my first go.

It was a thorough but fair check ride - which is exactly how it should be.
Bravo.

Color me unsurprised. So, is the CFII ride scheduled yet?

Congratulations!

Id also like to thank both taters (clay) and MarkL for preparing me for the ride.

Great news Jesse. I keep thinking I should do this but never seem to get around to starting.

I headed to the FSDO this morning, my logbooks, my brain, and the airplane were gone over with a fine tooth comb over the course of about 8 hours and I walked away with a CFI certificate on my first go.

It was a thorough but fair check ride - which is exactly how it should be.

Great job! Hope to do that someday, too!

Great job! Hope to do that someday, too!

Just schedule your ride - it will motivate you. We scheduled mine for 3 weeks out having not completed either written or a single training flight.

Great news Jesse. I keep thinking I should do this but never seem to get around to starting.

You'd do well Lance - If I had your knowledge I would have been more confident about passing :)

I was so very glad when we completed the FOI and human behavior sections and moved onto Technical Subject areas.

My trouble would be paying for the flight/instructor time. When I started flying it was $85/hr wet. Now, 172S G1000s on the flight line mean $155/hr then add an instructor at $45/hr and that is some serious coin.

I did my instrument and commercial basically back-to-back. Jesse, you're right schedule the ride and a whole lot of motivation comes your way. That's how I did my commercial.

Well done, young man !!

Jesse,

Congratulations. Do you have a student lined up for the first lesson? My husband and I were the first students of our first flight instructor. His enthusiasm for flying rubbed on us like Tinker Bell's fairy dust. This magic dust still works after 10 years and almost 1000 flight hours.

Hai Longworth

Back