FSDO visit required ?

MooneyDriver78

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Tom
An issue of an airworthiness certificate requires a visit to the FSDO....can someone explain why?
Just changing N number.

Could be a fun time, make a list of questions for them on other subjects. Have fun and enjoy the visit

An issue of an airworthiness certificate requires a visit to the FSDO....can someone explain why?
Just changing N number.

It just is. Been there, done that.

I'd go in with a contrite attitude. They assert the "right" to request logs or the aircraft itself be presented for the ASI's inspection. Don't give the little dictators a reason to make your life miserable. Give them the hot-buttered lies and slather them with Please sir, thank you sir, you're awesome sir, I will sir! and GTFO of that sarlacc pit as fast as you can with your new AW cert.

Just changing N number.
I can't explain why because it's certainly not true in all FSDOs. I called the FSDO on the phone and they sent me the application for a certificate and a few hours later sent me a PDF with my new "PERMANENT" Airworthiness Certificate.

How do they know you aren't a terrorist trying to disguise your intent to fly into a stadium with a new N number unless they see you in person?

Use the visit as a learning experience.

Oh yeah, and they’re not located at an airport! What the f%$&?!
The CLT FSDO says it's at the CLT airport, but it's seven miles south of there (and that's even measuring from the FBO which is on the same side of the airport). Fortunately, I've been able to conduct all my business with them over the phone/email.

Back