FS: Stratus ESG ADS-B Transponder - Certified Version

CameronS

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Cameron
Well, crazy that I'm posting this, but for sale I have a like-new Certified version of the Stratus ESG transponder. Unit will come with the portable Stratus interface kit so you can have ADS-B in and out.

Why am I selling?

I actually LOVE the unit. A lot. I just had it installed 3 weeks ago after my original Cessna factory transponder from the 80's finally took a dump on life. My aircraft is based at a Mode C space airport and I needed to get something in place immediately. The stratus seemed like the best option for me since I already had a Stratus 2s and could interface it with the ESG.

Fast forward a couple of weeks after install and I was approached by someone offering me a Garmin 430AW, Garmin 106A, KX 155A, and KI 209 for a price I could not pass up. That's now all being installed along with a Flightstream 210, and because of this and the fact I don't want new holes drilled in the top of my aircraft for a second WAAS antennae, I am going to switch to a Garmin 345.

I will say this: Comparing the Stratus ESG to the Garmin 345 I played with today, I much prefer the look and display of the Stratus ESG. If it weren't for the fact that it can't share positional source with the Garmin 430AW, I would definitely be keeping the ESG without hesitation. It truly is a pretty unit to look at. Paired with the Stratus 2S is an AWESOME package too!

If you'd like to purchase it, pricing as follows (and comes with all manuals, original box, and all accessories as it would new):

Stratus ESG with Stratus 2s interface kit = $3,145 new, will sell for $2,550.

The interface kit allows you to have your Stratus 2s utilize the Stratus ESG WAAS antennae installed on the top of the aircraft instead of the internal WASS GPS in the portable unit.

If you'd like to purchase my Stratus 2S along with it I will sell the entire ADS-B in/out solution to you (ESG + 2S with window cradle and under panel cradle) for $3,250. That's normally $4,144, so $644 off retail for the entire setup.

If anyone is interested please PM me!

Last edited:
Price lowered an additional $250! Stratus ESG comes with warranty, so this is a GREAT deal for someone! If anybody wants an even better deal in Florida, I can likely get my local shop to install this for you for only $500 (and you'll still get the FAA rebate!).

Back