FS: Plane Perfect Lowers Prices

rwellner98

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
rw2
Hey guys,

With the success of our launch we've been able to substantially lower our prices across the board. Our early customers keep coming back and saying good things. It's been a blast!

http://planeperfect.us

"I’ve used Plane Perfect on our aircraft with great results. It leaves the finish clean, protected and more shiny than other protects I've tried. I recommend their products to my customers." - John Barron (15 time award winner, Airventure)

"I've known the Plane Perfect guys for a while now and was able to help test their formulas as they were being developed. I'm a huge fan of what they came up with and love the results I get." - Coyle Schwab (Best Cessna 195, Airventure 2011)

"Hey guys, just wanted to drop a note with my order letting you know that I'm a returning customer and love your stuff! I fly in rice country so rice bugs are my enemy!" - Greg Wyatt (2001 Husky A1B)

"Wing Wipe is a fantastic product just used it on my 1941 Aeronca Super Chief works better than advertised" - William Arsenault (1941 Aeronca Super Chief)

"I finally got the chance to use my Plane Perfect Kit that my little lady got me for Christmas. I have to say, I am extremely happy with the results! I am very fond of the Buddha Belly and the Wing Wipe. Super easy application. I really enjoyed cleaning this thing up because the products made it so easy. I used the Plane Perfect interior cleaner and the leather treatment on my truck. I love that stuff! Excellent products!!!" - Evan Davis (Airport owner - Checkpoint Charlie, 2007 Zlin Savage Cub)

"I’ve been using Plane Perfect from the start and it helps keep my Grand Champion (OSH ’14) in top condition." - Dillon Barron (1954 Cessna 170B)

"Eco-Clean made the job of removing dirt and leaving a nice protective shine effortless." - Greg Davis (1940 Aeronca TC-65 Defender)

"Eyes Outside and Wing Wipe work great, loved them!" - Santiago Corral (1975 Cessna 182P skylane II)

"Having a newly restored, Bronze Lindy winning (OSH ’14) Cessna 195, it’s important to me to use the safest and best products available. That’s why we choose Plane Perfect." - Ashley Atkinson (1954 Cessna 195)

ww3-sm.jpg

Do you sell a person that will do the detailing for me? That's the real deal maker. :)

I don't see where the pH of the products is listed. Many composites require pH-neutral cleaning products to prevent delamination or foam core collapse.

Just FYI.

I don't see where the pH of the products is listed. Many composites require pH-neutral cleaning products to prevent delamination or foam core collapse.

Just FYI.

One of the things that we paid particular attention to when developing our products was exactly this. Part of the reason the company exists is because we got burned by a commonly used belly cleaner and found that part of the reason was that it had a high pH.

Can you point me at the requirements for your particular composite? I'd love to be able to verify that we do, in fact, meet their requirements and post that in a FAQ on our website (as well as here, of course).

We do, of course, meet the Boeing specifications, but those are concentrated on aluminum and acrylic.

We have tested on composites, and gotten excellent results, but would love to be able to make a more scientific statement if you can point us at the requirements you've seen.

Do you sell a person that will do the detailing for me? That's the real deal maker. :)

We are talking with a couple detail shops about offering this service and would welcome additional conversations with potential partners.

So, not likely this summer. :)

One of the things that we paid particular attention to when developing our products was exactly this. Part of the reason the company exists is because we got burned by a commonly used belly cleaner and found that part of the reason was that it had a high pH.

Can you point me at the requirements for your particular composite? I'd love to be able to verify that we do, in fact, meet their requirements and post that in a FAQ on our website (as well as here, of course).

We do, of course, meet the Boeing specifications, but those are concentrated on aluminum and acrylic.

We have tested on composites, and gotten excellent results, but would love to be able to make a more scientific statement if you can point us at the requirements you've seen.

Thanks for responding.

I have a Flight Design CTSW, it's carbon fiber/epoxy over a foam core. My understanding is that in my plane the foam cores are most susceptible to problems, and they require a neutral pH for wash products.

Something acidic or alkaline would probably not be an issue is sprayed on and wiped off immediately, but anything that has a chance to penetrate through paint or get around airframe gaps to the actual structure is to be avoided.

I have been using Compisclean bucket wash and Super Spray Wax. All Composiclean products are neutral-pH. But as a result, they are not very aggressive cleaners. For heavy bug, oil, or fuel stains I have been using Oil Eater, which is alkaline. I spray it on, wait 5-10sec, and wipe off. Once the surface is dry I'll put the Super Spray Wax on in case the Oil Eater strips the wax off.

I'm with Ed.

You need to create a network of detailers that use your product. I'd pay someone to do it, but I have better things to do with my time. Like go places in my plane instead of detailing it. For the first 30 years or so of my life, I really got into doing stuff like that. Not so much for the past 30.

But the starter pack with the "glass" cleaner and the leading edge wipe might be something I could do, or better yet, have my wife do. I think I'll give that a try.

Last edited:
My understanding is that in my plane the foam cores are most susceptible to problems, and they require a neutral pH for wash products.

I have been using Compisclean bucket wash and Super Spray Wax. All Composiclean products are neutral-pH.

Yeah, I'm familiar with their products. It isn't quite true that all their stuff is pH neutral, but they do call out those that aren't.

The question is, what is the requirement to be safe according to the manufacturer?

I have never seen one that says "neutral" because that would mean that the tap water in many (most?) areas wouldn't qualify. The EPA recommends somewhere between 6.5 and 8.5, which is a wide range since it's a logarithmic scale. Lots of well water is far more acidic than that. It's unusual to be much more alkaline because the taste changes and people take mitigation steps.

I would really like to hear what your manufacturer says, but in any case, our exterior cleaners have a pH of 8.

image.axd

[edit: I found an email address for flight design and have asked them for their help. I'll report back if I hear anything, but would still appreciate a pointer to anything you've already seen.]

Last edited:
Ok, I found their specific guidance. Sure enough, they do use the word "neutral" which really makes me think it was written by a non-chemist.

Tap water is 6.5-8.5
Pure water is 7 (this is the chemistry definition of neutral)
Our products are 8

The products Flight Design specifically calls out as not being recommended are:

Fantastik®, Formula 409®, Carbonex® and Castrol Super Clean®

which are 12, 12, 13-14 and 13 pH respectively, so between 10,000 times and 1,000,000 times more alkaline than our products.

I will let you know when I hear back from flight design in response to my queries.

Ok, got the word from FD. The foam used in the original CT (1998-2000) CT2K and CTSW was hyper sensitive to alkalinity. The recommendation is not just to use something pH neutral, but actually also to store it in a hangar to avoid rain (though chemists will have a hard time squaring those two recommendations since rainwater is somewhat acidic). The problems are entirely non-structural and can be repaired.

For the CTLS they use a different kind of foam that doesn't have the same issue.

Are they selling this at JA? I saw a display there, but forget if it was the PlanePerfect stuff. Looked very interesting.

Are they selling this at JA? I saw a display there, but forget if it was the PlanePerfect stuff. Looked very interesting.

We do have volume pricing and have started with a handful of FBO partners, but unless JA ordered under the radar they don't stock us yet.

Is it possible you were at JF Aviation in Joliet? They stock our stuff.

We do have volume pricing and have started with a handful of FBO partners, but unless JA ordered under the radar they don't stock us yet.

Is it possible you were at JF Aviation in Joliet? They stock our stuff.

No, JA had a locally produced/labeled product line they had just gotten in and the label looked similar.

I'd definitely like to try the Wing Wipe and Buddha Belly. Jf carries it, who else locally? I'm a Clow refugee temporarily at Lewis.

No, JA had a locally produced/labeled product line they had just gotten in and the label looked similar.

I'd definitely like to try the Wing Wipe and Buddha Belly. Jf carries it, who else locally? I'm a Clow refugee temporarily at Lewis.

http://planeperfect.us to order. One of the ways we keep prices low is by mostly being direct to customer. Shipping is flat $5 for orders under $50 and free for $50 and higher.

I'd suggest getting this kit: http://planeperfect.us/collections/all/products/sp1

and add a bottle of Buddha Belly to the order: http://planeperfect.us/collections/all/products/bbb

That would get you just over $50 and you would get Eyes Outside and a dozen towels included.

Bookmarked. Too bad a 182 has found me yet. ;-)

I use the product and they also advertise on my phone app. The app is free and has a coupon code for 10% off if your interested.

Hey guys, anyone wanting to make a christmas purchase and get it before christmas: Tomorrow Dec 17th is the last day we can guarantee that, so order soon!

I can attest to both the Budda Belley and the wax. I've never seen a shine like that on an airplane or anything else.

Back