FS: GNS430W, GTX327 & GMS340

craigvince

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Craig
FS: GNS430W, GTX327 & GMA340

As removed for panel upgrade, guaranteed working.
Garmin 430 WAAS GPS/Nav/Com
GTX 327 Transponder
GMA 340 Audio Panel
All trays, connectors and antennas included (GPS, Comm & txpdr antennas).

First $10k takes it all, shipping included.

Last edited:
How much for the 430W?

Re: FS: GNS430W, GTX327 & GMA340

If I don't sell the whole package to someone, I'll split them up.

Last edited:
What cool goodies did you put in their place?

Does the GTX 327 move me closer to compliance with the 2020 mandate?

No. The 430w does, as it provides an acceptable position source.

What transmits the position source out of the plane?

(Btw! I have a non-waas 430, and a somewhat unreliable old. Mode C transponder from 30 years ago.)

What transmits the position source out of the plane?

(Btw! I have a non-waas 430, and a somewhat unreliable old. Mode C transponder from 30 years ago.)

430w is interrogated by the UAT. The UAT broadcasts the position info. The 430w and UAT will get you compliant for the most part. You may need a new encoder, but that's only a few hundie.....

Send yours in for the upgrade and the GDL 88 is going to run you another $5500ish installed. To get compliant with your 430' you are looking at about $10k out the door taxes, labor and equipment.

Last edited:
For 2020, you'll need a WAAS certified GPS coupled with a compatible Mode-S transponder. The GTX327 is a Mode-C transponder, not Mode-S.

For 2020, you'll need a WAAS certified GPS coupled with a compatible Mode-S transponder. The GTX327 is a Mode-C transponder, not Mode-S.

A UAT is a better option unless he's up in the FLs. Heck, most twins wont even need an ES transmitter. But if big iron has it, it's good enough for our knat smashers.....right?

Back