FS: Garmin GMA 340 Audio Panel

JohnAJohnson

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
JohnAJohnson
SOLD!

$775, includes shipping to anywhere in the continental United States

Has approximately 200 hours on it and looks and works as new. Never had any problems whatsoever with it but wanted Bluetooth so I replaced it with a slide-in compatible PS Engineering PMA8000BTi model.

My new PS Engineering Audio Panel came with a tray and installation kit (connectors, pins, etc.) and that is being included with the GMA 340. The Audio Panel is located in Flippin, AR

Thanks, John Johnson

GMA340.jpg

GMA340-All.jpg

Last edited:
Surprised you didn't slide in a PMA450. Why did you go 8000?

That 450 is a feature-packed unit. I just got a cigar outlet splitter - one for the GPS and 2 USB ports to keep portables charged in flight. That's a game changer so having a USB 10 watt charger in the panel is a nice feature. I'll guess price, but am curious to know as well.

I felt that the 450's additional features while nice, would be set up once and not used afterward. The 8000 does all I want (except caller ID, but my phone is mounted where it shows that anyway), so the $300 delta was hard to justify.

Also... I emailed with a technical issue and got a response within an hour, and it was not from a call center in the PI or Bangalore; it was from the boss. Very impressive customer service.

I've got a 450A on order right now and can't wait.

I've got a 450A on order right now and can't wait.

If it's got the same basic circuitry/software as the 8000, you're going to love it. Very clear radio and intercom and the automatic squelch and mute modes work great.

No one does audio panel-fu like PSE. I love my 8000B, but I am jones ing for a 450A.

Here in a week, I'll have one in my hoopie if you want to check it out.

Also... I emailed with a technical issue and got a response within an hour, and it was not from a call center in the PI or Bangalore; it was from the boss. Very impressive customer service.
Great point. So many times talking to overseas support I get the impression they are working for an SLA, resolving the customer's issue has *nothing* to do with it. Something to be said for that John.

You let me know if you decide to cut loose that PSE 8000B, would you?

OK, will do. Current stupid-spending plan is air conditioning...

My wife and I tried the PMA-8000BTi and the PMA-450A at AirVenture, which both feature IntelliAudio. This feature is so impressive, it is hard to describe. It puts one radio to the 10 o'clock position and the other to the 2 o'clock. This allows to focus and distinguish between the two sources without switching anything on the audio panel, like to listen to ATC and ATIS at the same time. It is like you're at a party, everybody is talking, but you can still easily focus on the guy with whom you are chatting.

We will probably go for the 450A, as it also allows us to set the muting behavior for the pilot and co-pilot individually. For the person, who does the radio work, music can for example be completely muted when a radio call is received, whereas for the other person the volume could only be reduced or not muted at all.

Very friendly people as well!

Back