FS: Garmin GDL39 3D with Battery

aanderson81

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
aanderson81
I am looking to sell my GDL39 3D with battery. I have had it for about a year, however I just upgraded to a plane with a glass panel and use the iPad for more trip planning than anything. I paid around $900 for it, it currently sells for $850. I am looking to get $650 shipped USPS priority mail for it.

Feel free to ask any questions or reach out if you are interested.

Hmm... this is very tempting to me.
Commenting so I have this saved for later if it doesn't sell. Good luck!

If you are interested, send me a PM. I am probably going to toss it on ebay if it doesnt sell soon. Just figured I would give it a few days here first.

Does this only work with the Garmin Pilot app?

Are there different kinds/versions of the GDL39? I've been looking at this also for my 696 & future 796, but don't know the ins and outs of the GDL39 series

Are there different kinds/versions of the GDL39? I've been looking at this also for my 696 & future 796, but don't know the ins and outs of the GDL39 series
This is just from my research:
There are two main options when it comes to the GDL 39 series. The frst being having a battery or not. I think it's spec'd to last 4 hrs on battery power, but you can still plug it into your planes power for more juice.
The second iteration is just a plain gdl 39 or a gdl 39 3d. The 3d adds the AHRS sensor, and gives you an even better synthetic vision experience by showing your pitch/bank/roll. It's a great situational tool, and in an EXTREME EMERGENCY where you have no other outs could help you make it to the ground safely.

You don't need the battery for an owned airplane. Mine's hard wired on the avionics master. Works great. So great that my new project will use the GDL39R (remote installation) with the G3X Touch. Much of why I'll use that system is based on my happiness with the GDL39 3D and GP app.

Apparently I dont receive email notifications like i would have expected to this thread. Sorry about that.

Yes, It only works with the garmin app. There are 2 versions of the GLD 39, there is the base and the 3D. the 3d includes ARHS so you get a virtual 6 pack in the garmin app as well as truer synthetic vision with pitch and roll in the app. Its a cool app and well thought out. But now that the plane I am flying has a Grand Rapids panel with the bluetooth HUD I just dont find myself using it .

Back