FS: Garmin 530

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamB

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
AdamB
We recently replaced our Garmin 530 with an Avidyne 540, thus the reason for selling this unit. The unit was in perfect working order prior to removal. The unit underwent the fixed rate overhaul service from Garmin in late 2013.
This is a complete package with all accessories needed.

Included are:
1) GNS530- Garmin 530 head unit (non-WAAS)
2) Tray Assembly
3) Backplate
4) All connector assemblies
5) Antenna
6) Two data cards
7) Jeppesen USB Skybound programmer
8) Manuals
9) A USB stick (not pictured) that contains soft copies of the manuals and the Garmin 530 simulator for Windows platforms.

Asking $7,000 with free shipping to the lower 48.
Also Note that I will be listing this on Ebay in the next couple days. Private sale here is subject to not receiving any bids on eBay.
First Come, First served.

Attachments

• 01 all items copy.jpg
    01 all items copy.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 33
  • 02 connectors copy.jpg
    02 connectors copy.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 25
  • 03 backplate antenna copy.jpg
    03 backplate antenna copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • 04 unit closeup copy.jpg
    04 unit closeup copy.jpg
    851.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 05 unit front copy.jpg
    05 unit front copy.jpg
    981 KB · Views: 33
  • 06 unit back.jpg
    06 unit back.jpg
    992.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Nice unit, I fly behind the 530s and they have never let me down.

What made you go with the Avidyne 540? Did you win it in that contest they had going?

If I were going to keep the plane, I'd be all over this.

No didn't win it. We bought it a couple of years ago when they first were announced at a pretty good deal and then waited for them to finish certification. We mostly were looking for a WAAS solution and like the increased resolution, touchscreen, integrated charts, and the ability to enter an airway instead of having to dial in 30 VORs at every turn along the route. That alone is a big time saver IMO.

The airway thing is BS, I believe garmin held that back from the GNS line to sell the next box, there is no good reason why I can't dial in V123 into a 430.

As for the workaround, it's not that bad, 9 times out of 10 I don't need to fly airways, 9.5 times out of 10 times, if I need to put in a airway it's just two way points, which foreflight spits out anyways, not exactly a big deal, nor that time consuming.

In the northeast heading down the coast through NY it's pretty much required to fly an airway. Otherwise you get sent to PA around the bravo.

In the northeast heading down the coast through NY it's pretty much required to fly an airway. Otherwise you get sent to PA around the bravo.

Flown all around NYC, and that's the only place I SOMETIMES got a airway, still it was a two waypoint kinda thing, not that big of a deal.

OP, sorry kinda derailed your advert a little, ether way sweet garmin and at a good price, I'm sure it'll sell quick.

Last edited:
Just FYI, unit is sold.
Someone feel free to close/lock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back