FS: Garmin 396 (plus extras) - $900

jason

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
Jason W (FlyNE)
I have a 396 for sale with all the bells and whistles.

What's included:

All power adapters have been switched over to the new style, so that the cords won't break at the ends.

The additional data card is HUGE in this device. It essentially allows you to add real street data to the 396 and use it as an auto GPS as well. I have the City Navigator software DVD somewhere. I'll include it if I can find it. My version is several years old, you can buy the new version here (for $79) and update it with current road data.

Really, I don't have an asking price at this point. It looks like most of them are ending on ebay between $900-975 (without the data card, but with updated aviation maps). If you're interested, post here or PM me and we'll work out a fair price. I'd rather it go to somebody on PoA at a fair price than to post it on ebay and have to deal with the crap.

Garmin software v4.80
Aviation Data cycle 0905 (Exp 6/4/2009)
US Obstacles cycle 09B3 (Exp 7/2/2009)
Americas Terrain Database Cycle 05T1

Last edited:
So now that you're working on your instrument rating, you won't need to worry about that pesky weather any more? ;)

So now that you're working on your instrument rating, you won't need to worry about that pesky weather any more? ;)

Everyone's a comedian...:goofy:

Honestly, I think it's one of the greatest tools that you can have in the cockpit...but I've never kept up the subscription. For almost two years I had a free "trial" account that they never deactivated. That...was nice...

Once that went away, I haven't really kept an active subscription. I just couldn't justify it. I reactivated it last year to go to Gaston's and it's been deactivated ever since. I've kept it around as an aviation GPS and have planned to activate the XM when I needed it. Now that I have the iPad, that's enough aviation GPS for me (especially since almost all of the planes that I fly have 430s). I'll certainly miss the XM weather, I'll just have to figure out how to make do without it.

Back